PDA

View Full Version : Icecrown Blood Queen Lanathel Hard

Ciderhelm
02-18-2010, 02:57 AM
You can find a guide to the normal version of this encounter here (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?61918-Icecrown-Blood-Queen-Lanathel)!

0qOlS5Tw83c

http://www.tankspot.com/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

Hello and welcome to the TankSpot Icecrown Citadel Raid Guide! My name is Aliena and in this video I'll cover everything you need to know about the heroic mode 10-man version of the Blood-Queen Lana'thel encounter. I will assume that you're familiar with the normal version of this encounter. If you're not, I suggest first watching our guide to the 10-man normal mode to learn about Lana'thel's base abilities.

If you'd like more information or would like to learn more about downloading this movie, click "more info" on the movie information box on YouTube to head directly to TankSpot! Also, be sure to subscribe by clicking the Subscribe button to the right so you will be automatically notified as we release movies.

In her heroic version, Lana'thel sports 5 million more health than her normal counterpart, which puts her at around 19 million. Her enrage timer on the other hand does not change, so the DPS requirement of this fight greatly increases. We used a setup of 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 DPS. You probably can't get away with less than 3 healers on this, I would not recommend trying.

Very little else changes for the majority of the raid group, though. Vampiric Bite inflicts slightly more damage when used and Delirious Slash now inflicts 75% of weapon damage and causes a 7000 damage dot instead of a 5000 damage dot on the tank.

The main change to this encounter is Presence of the Darkfallen. This is a stacking buff Lana'thel gains everytime a raid member gets turned into a vampyr. For each Vampyr present, her Shroud of Sorrow - that's the raid-wide pulse damage you take every 2 seconds - will inflict 5% more damage. In other words, the more the encounter progresses, the more damage the raid takes.

Coupled with Bloodbolt Whirl, this makes her airphases very menacing, particularly the second one. Depending on your raid setup, you may want to assign some cooldown rotations for this. What we did was to have our shaman fearwarded so he could put down a tremor totem to pulse as soon as Incite Terror hits, which minimized downtime for our healers. We also had two divine hymns available that we used on the bloodbolt whirls as well as one tranquility.

If you have fewer cooldowns available, I suggest saving them for the second bloodbolt whirl as that one is a lot more likely to kill raid members.

If you can deal with the increased raid damage while beating the enrage timer, Lana'thel should not pose a big problem for you as the rest of her mechanics stay exactly the same. Good luck!

Thank you for watching this movie. As always, feel free to ask questions or add suggestions either on YouTube or in the strategy thread on TankSpot.com. Also, TankSpot Donors can download all of these movies in High Definition directly from our servers -- so if you'd like to learn more about that, just click the second link in the movie information box!

Migol
03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi Cider, in regards to this:

"What we did was to have our shaman fearwarded so he could put down a tremor totem to pulse as soon as Incite Terror hits, which minimized downtime for our healers."

I mentioned this to our shamans (shameese? Shamen?), and our more knowledgeable one is swearing up and down that this was changed a few patches ago so that totems no longer pulse immediately on being dropped. Is he right or does he need to lay off the herbalism?

Trexokor
03-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi Cider, in regards to this:

I mentioned this to our shamans (shameese? Shamen?), and our more knowledgeable one is swearing up and down that this was changed a few patches ago so that totems no longer pulse immediately on being dropped. Is he right or does he need to lay off the herbalism?

Cleansing totem was definitely changed for this reason, so I suspect Tremor was as well.

The fear isn't a big deal in 10 man, it only causes a bit of trouble in 25.

In 10 man, Blood Queen HM is stupidly similar to normal. Provided you have the DPS for it, there's 0 change. The only difference for healers is that it's slightly less front loaded (but it still is front loaded). It's face it, 5% x8 at the end of the fight for 6300 pre-resist ticks of Shroud are nothing when all 5 DPS are healing themselves. It leaves the tanks and healers to be healed while the encounter finishes out.

As long as you're one-shotting normal mode with plenty of time to spare, you should one shot this hard mode.