PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Prot Warr need advice

Killgannon1337
02-17-2010, 05:07 PM
hello just as i thought i knew what i was doing in raids im starting to hit a speed bump.

for the second time today a geared group wiped in ToC25 because i went down on dreadscale... i know i am sad. the raid lead simply said i die to fast and kicked me.

is there something im missing in damage mitig? avoidance? please help

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&cn=Jesseinferno

worried in salt lake city

krc
02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
For your gear, 15 stam 10 agility to helm, pvp enchant to shoulders, 225 armor to cloak, and Mongoose to weapon. I would change up your spec by taking points out of Improved Revenge and putting them into Deep Wounds and Shield spec. With your glyphs I would reccomend replacing Glyph of Shockwave and Sunder Armor with Shield Wall and Devastate. With your gear you should be fine on Dreadscale considering it is all about health since it is essentially all magic which you are fine for in ToGC it was most likely you went out of range or healers, do you have a WoL?

Killgannon1337
02-17-2010, 05:33 PM
krc you know you shit and i thank you i will change up the specc add the upgrades but pardon my noob butt WoL?

krc
02-17-2010, 05:50 PM
WoL is World of Logs if you haven't heard of it http://worldoflogs.com/ it is like WWS which is basically a giant comabt parser where you can look at damage done, damage taken, healing, deaths etc.

GŁth
02-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I would not suggest a 10 agi/15 stam gem to your helm if you're currently using Headplate of the Honorbound (currently shows in armory) as you'll get no socket bonus, throw a 10 defense/15 stam or 10 hit/15 stam gem in there.

I'd suggest putting the purple gem of choice (agi/stam, expertise/stam, dodge/stam...your choice) in your pants for the +9 stam bonus and replacing the +20 agility gem in your shoulders with +30 stam.

krc
02-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Gluth is right, meant to say 15 stam defense but thought it was a red socket.