PDA

View Full Version : Can AOEs pop Dream Clouds in Valithria encounter?

bannor11
02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
I was focused on "running into" the dream clouds as a healer in 10man yesterday and was not able to consistently get the first orb going in to refresh the buff, or the last one heading out to maximize the buff up-time. Depending on my camera position and cloud positioning, I sometimes miss a cloud at the worst time (30+ stacks). It's a bit stressful and feels like an RNG factor.

As a priest, I was wondering if anyone has tried to Holy Nova while flying around to pop orbs without having to run through them? I'm planning to try doing so tonight, but if anyone has tried I'd love to know the results.

Quinafoi
02-18-2010, 12:52 PM
They will only explode when your player comes into contact with them and the periodic check script fires. So no, you can't AoE to try and get them to burst, there is actually nothing to attack. They basically function like the clouds on Yogg, except move about a lot more randomly and move in three dimensions instead of two.

One piece of general advice, whatever you are running for a buff/debuff monitor, make a custom frame for handling the debuffs that pretain to this encounter. For example in my UI I use ElkBuffBars and have a very large debuff group with just the two debuffs that pretain to this encounter. Those debuffs are Emerald Vigor (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70873) and Dream State (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70766). I have those two debuffs right smack dab in the middle of my screen at about twice the size of my other buffs and debuff bars (they are also blacklisted from my normal debuff bar so it doesn't appear in more than one place). That is my critical boss debuff group (I do put other stuff in there too, but for this encounter it is just those two), front and center in my UI. The reason I track both debuffs is because it not only is very important to keep track of the duration on your buff, but also the duration of the Dream State as well. Hitting a cloud as close as possible to when your Dream State ends it what will make continuing the stack much easier the next time. If I have 5 seconds left on Dream State, I'll actually stop short of poping the next one and wait a few seconds before poping it to get it as close to the end as possible. Then I have those extra seconds to find one at the start of the next Dream State. What will help you stack the debuff better is paying closer attention to the other debuff, Dream State, which represents the time you have left in there, and make sure you hit one as close to the end before coming out as possible. You're more likely to lose your stack from going 5+ seconds of the last Dream State without getting the debuff renewed than you are of not being able to find one in the first 5 seconds of the next.