PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Advice regarding my character

Evassara
02-17-2010, 10:34 AM
My guild has decided because healers seem to be easier to come by as of late they would like my DK to step up and be my new main character.

We are starting to progress through ICC 25 content and I'm always striving to make my healers job as easy as possible while still maintaining threat.

Therefore I'm opening myself up to suggestions and criticism to possibly improve.

Here is my Armory Profile:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&cn=Evassara

Thanks for taking the time to help, if you do.

Evassara
02-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Few notes:

I have the Corpse Tongue Coin which I switch out with the Glyph of Indomitability for certain fights where I know I will be taking alot of damage and possibly go under 30% more than once.

I am currently trying out the Glyph of Icy Touch instead of Glyph of Rune Strike. I really haven't noticed a threat loss, but it's hard to gauge if I have a threat gain for AoE.

Selene
02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Any particular reason you are using the Rune of Swordbreaking instead of the Rune of the Nerubian Carapace?
You are losing out on a 2% stamina bonus by doing so, plus the 26 Def doesn't hurt either, both of which would make things easier for your healers.
Also might want to change your Hit gem and 2 Expertise gems to a Hit/Stam and Expertise/Stam gems instead for a bit more stamina.

As far as Glyphs go, the usual set up for Frost Tanks is:
Oblit
Icy Touch or Howling Blast
Frost Strike or Rune Strike

Evassara
02-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Any particular reason you are using the Rune of Swordbreaking instead of the Rune of the Nerubian Carapace?
You are losing out on a 2% stamina bonus by doing so, plus the 26 Def doesn't hurt either, both of which would make things easier for your healers.
Also might want to change your Hit gem and 2 Expertise gems to a Hit/Stam and Expertise/Stam gems instead for a bit more stamina.

As far as Glyphs go, the usual set up for Frost Tanks is:
Oblit
Icy Touch or Howling Blast
Frost Strike or Rune Strike

I had the def and stamina runeforge on both weapons up until recently but I was running around 560-570 defense. I removed them both and went down to 540 defense and only lost 600-800 unbuffed hp.

I thought that the 3% parry increase from swordbreaking would decrease damage taken and at the same time increase damage and threat due to more runestrikes.

Perhaps that assumption was wrong and the HP would be more critical.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Hit Gem, I will switch that out for hit/stam. My expertise may dip a little low if I switch out my expertise gem but if I can push up my stam a bit more that way it may be worth it, especially since so few bosses parry gib now.

Sterbefall
02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I've posted this elsewhere, but the value proposition of Nerubian Carapace vs. Swordbreaking is 3% avoidance (dodge/parry/miss) and 2% stamina vs. 4% avoidance (parry). Neither avoidance numbers are subject to DR. To boil it down, you're trading 2% stamina for 1% avoidance. I know which I would take.

Evassara
02-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I've posted this elsewhere, but the value proposition of Nerubian Carapace vs. Swordbreaking is 3% avoidance (dodge/parry/miss) and 2% stamina vs. 4% avoidance (parry). Neither avoidance numbers are subject to DR. To boil it down, you're trading 2% stamina for 1% avoidance. I know which I would take.

I hadn't thought of defense providing that much avoidance but if you actually do the math.

26 defense skill = 1.04% to each (dodge, parry, miss) which would net 3.12% total

I'll definitely be switching back to nerubian for both and get my 1k hp back, I obviously didn't think it through as clearly as possible.

Sterbefall
02-18-2010, 06:35 AM
My numbers were a bit off because I use the 2H enchants as my baseline. :)