PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Laugh at my pally!

Optimoos
02-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Alright, I hit 80 this weekend on my EU pally and ran a bunch of randoms. This is where I got to in two days:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Bubblebee

So, where to next?

I'm looking at the shield and cloak out of regular Pit of Saron, unfortunately that's going to require me finding a bunch of runs in there to see them drop but I guess they'll come with time. Is there anything I should be spending triumph badges on before replacing my chest and gloves with tier pieces? I don't have a great eye for pally gear yet, so I'm not sure if I should be picking one of the off-set badge pieces over the tier.

There it is, tear me apart.

Ion
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Regular ToC5 for the int trinket, the Heroism badge libram is best for a holy light build so you might want to consider that, the ICC 5 mans have a lot of upgrades for you too...mostly on heroic which you seem to be reluctant to try (?). FoS in particular has two necks (one with mp5, the other with crit), and the sp sword (has hit, but is still significantly better than your mace)...though you could get the mace out of ToC5 heroic, too.

But your biggest Triumph badge upgrade would probably be the chest, then the gloves, then the 245 off-set shoulders...at which point I think you'd have exhausted your triumph badge options. Presumably by that time you'd have started to run the ICC heroics and would get the ring so you wouldn't feel compelled to buy the crappy spirit triumph badge ring.

You're fine to run the ICC 5 mans, btw, I've definitely tanked it with a worse-geared paladin than you healing it.

Optimoos
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
I haven't run ICC heroics because the LFD tool hasn't put me in them yet - apart from one FoS run which failed horribly on the first boss, partially due to me being a noob at party damage healing as a pally, but mostly (I think?) because there was one dps above 2000 (barely) and the other two were below the tank's 1600 dps so... yeah that didn't work so well.

Anyway, thanks for the input, gives me some things to work towards.

Voddy
02-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Seriously, Shield of Frigid Souls is an absolute nightmare in getting. Run PoS countless times as healer for me to pickup shield for holy (my OS). Still no luck. If your having troubles with PoS, then gear up and gain confidence before you attempt the ICC hcs. FoS hc can be a bit of a pain to heal, but Seethe is a rather awesome upgrade. Replacing your chest should be a piority and also try your luck in getting the sp mace by running ToC hc.

Theotherone
02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the new pally club; this is mine I hit 80 about 3 weeks ago http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Jackstraw I had the PoS shield then Vigilant Light dropped for me in ToCr this weekend; but I've had good luck in PoS the shield dropped twice, first time a Shammy won it (he was helping me with the Battered Hilt, so I couldn't complain) and next time I got it. Also the Battered Hilt dropped in H PoS for me and the trinket, Never Melting Ice Crystal, (lost the roll on the trinket and have yet to see it again). Only advice i can give is chain heroics and get your emblem gear, it gears you pretty fast and gets you into more advanced instances. Right now you're in good shape, just bite the bullet and get those emblems. The one instance I avoid is H HoL (and Occ, not cause Occ is hard anymore, I just HATE THE FREAKING PLACE); although the one H HoL I did finish I got the chest from.

Now I'm working on a tank set, just need bracers, a trinket and a Libram.

Voddy
02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Welcome to the new pally club; this is mine I hit 80 about 3 weeks ago http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Jackstraw I had the PoS shield then Vigilant Light dropped for me in ToCr this weekend; but I've had good luck in PoS the shield dropped twice, first time a Shammy won it (he was helping me with the Battered Hilt, so I couldn't complain) and next time I got it. Also the Battered Hilt dropped in H PoS for me and the trinket, Never Melting Ice Crystal, (lost the roll on the trinket and have yet to see it again). Only advice i can give is chain heroics and get your emblem gear, it gears you pretty fast and gets you into more advanced instances. Right now you're in good shape, just bite the bullet and get those emblems. The one instance I avoid is H HoL (and Occ, not cause Occ is hard anymore, I just HATE THE FREAKING PLACE); although the one H HoL I did finish I got the chest from.

Now I'm working on a tank set, just need bracers, a trinket and a Libram.

You are one lucky chap. Also, if your struggling with healing in certain places, explain to the group your hesitations and most times they will understand, making it a much more reliable and friendly run.

Toxicacid
02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Basically farm FOS / POS/ HOR. You can get most of your gear from there . I have just started healing a few days ago, have a look at my gear, it aint the best but it does the job for the heroics. Got most of it from FOS / POS/ HOR and badges.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmourne&cn=Toxicacid