PDA

View Full Version : Malygos

Joowa
02-17-2010, 07:54 AM
For the last 2 weeks in a row, the weekly raid was EoE. Yes, 2 in a row. The groan from Bronzebeard could be heard all the way to the heavens.

I have done this raid now 20 times, and completed it once when it first happened to us 4 weeks ago.

I get phase 1. Pull him over, try to stack sparks. DPS him down as fast as you can. Hope DPS does not pull agro right after the vortex but waits for you to get him.

Phase 2. Pull the 2 ads together under a bubble, let the melee get disks. Grab one on your own if all other melee has and help out. Us spell reflect on big breath.

Phase 3 is where every group seems to die. Yes, we all "know" the 1-1-2 for dps and 3-3-4 for heals (I am never healing here, should everyone be?) and when he gazes at you you need to do 1-1-5.

So what can I do to help the raid get past him.

Theotherone
02-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Phase three is an issue for a lot of reason, not the last of which is that I can never get a good camera angle and staying "together" is deceptive. I've done this fight on 10 man 3 times (twice tank, once hunter) and found that if everyone keeps moving to the right in a group it makes the fight easier (matter of degree). The key is to keep the raid together, people need to watch their combo points and we found 1-1-1-2 is the best for dps; yes I know it's an extra 1, but some one suggested it and it seemed to work.

Voddy
02-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Malygos is such a frustrating raid. I've done it about four times and failed on every attempt. Phase 3 is when things go wrong, but judging from my experiences and from others, make sure the raid are relatively close to each other for the aoe heals. I think you should aim to have 2 combo points before using a 'finishing' move. When the fields of static appear, you should move to one side as a raid.