PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Advice Please

Frapachino
02-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi

1. I am being told that my dps is low for the gear / set up i have by my guild leader. Based upon early ventures into ICC10, Trash DPS is about 8000 and single target Boss DPS is about 4500 - 5500 depnding on the movement involved.

Firstly does this seem the correct levels?

2. Also can anybody give me some advice on my gear / stats / gemming please.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Frapachino

3. Would it be a good thing to get NES over my present trinkets thus reducing hit and increasing potential Arp?

4. Anyother constructive advice is appreciated

Thanks Frap

Marama
02-17-2010, 08:58 AM
You should get Landsoul's spreadsheet. It'll let you plug in different gear and see a hypothetical raid-buffed DPS. It also lets you pull in from your armory, so you don't have to do the initial setup by hand.

When I look at your character on the spreadsheet, it shows a raid-buffed DPS of 6487. (Note this is theory crafted and based on a predetermined set of buffs you may or may not have all of.)

The first two obvious problems I can see are 1) you're way over-capped on Hit. That's wasted itemization points that could go to better DPS stats, and 2) you've got an EXP/STA gem in your chest.

Second one first:

First, let's go for the socket bonus using the existing EXP/STA Gem, so it's: EXP/STA, EXP, STR/CRIT for yellow. That bumps you to 6500 DPS.
Let's ditch the EXP/STA, and go with a +10 ALL stats there, EXP, and STR/CRIT: That bumps you to 6525 DPS.
All STR would get you 6510 DPS.

So, best to go for the socket bonus there.

I'm not going to go over the rest of your gemming, but I'll point out that the spreadsheet is great to find out if you're better off, say, nudging your Expertise closer to cap or just adding more STR/CRIT.

Also, if you get a DPS socket bonus, it's usually better to socket your yellows for STR/CRIT, provided you don't have to use any DPS loss gems like */STA ones. Just get the spreadsheet and plug 'em in.

Ok, now that we have a baseline of 6525 from going with the +10 ALL, +10 STR/ +10 CRIT, and +20 EXP in the chest, let's look at trinkets:

Replacing the two +Hit trinkets with two that are relatively easy to get, the Needle-encrusted Scorpion and Banner of Victory bumps you up to 6801 DPS. This will leave you at 162 Hit rating, which is fine since you're a space goat. =)

Other combos using non-raid trinkets:

NEC + Darkmoon Card: Greatness: 6858 DPS
Banner of Victory + DMC: G: 6717 DPS

Anyway, hope this helps. You could probably tweak around your gems a bit more, and try to bring up your Crit a little, but overall you're not too bad off. Just hit some heroics for trinkets and regem the chest. Also, again, note that the "DPS" figures I'm throwing out aren't going to actually reflect in game necessarily, but on the level of higher number being better, the spreadsheet is very good at figuring out gear.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. Make sure you're not getting rage starved. I've started using IceHUD, which is one of the addons that shows you your rage and health bars on either side of your character. It's nice to have that visual indicator where it's easier to see. Also, GupSlamAlert or Power Auras is very handy for not missing slams.

EDIT 2: Looking more closely at your gemming, you're probably missing out on some socket bonuses there. Do your JC gems count as all colors to activate socket bonuses? If so, take advantage of that.

Frapachino
02-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks Marama - all appreciated - have now re gemmed my chest peice and will start looking into properly the other areas you mentioned. I already have ICEhud and Digits so tend not to get rage starved

Has anybody else got any different views please??

Frapachino
02-18-2010, 04:56 AM
I have used the spreadsheet from EJ's and made some gemming changes, it tells me i should be doing 7188 (i presume this is single target).

If i then factor in my latency on the sheet it brings it down to 6900

I still need to get hold of NES but so far it hasnt dropped for me

I am doing no more than 5500

Any other suggestions please

Frapachino
02-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Anymore help on the above please?

Destruyen
02-22-2010, 04:59 AM
are you changing the buffs on the spreadsheet to the buffs you are getting in raids? that can inflate the dps shown on the sheet.

is your rotation solid? bt > ww > slam on proc > hs above 50 rage