PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Tier9 4pc Set Bonus - Break for 245 head or not?

v6Max
02-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Having spent an age running randoms I finished building my tank off-spec. I have 4 pieces of the Tier 9 Conqueror's Koltira's Plate kit. The 4 peice bonus is a reduced cool down on Bone Shield (that's the key one for me as I'm unholy) - the question is do I "break" the bonus by losing the helm and going for Faceplate of the Honorbound - the non tier 245 item?

Boneshield is an important part of the Unholy tank spec but the increased stamina and strength of the non tier helm may offset the loss of the reduced cooldown.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Armoury link is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&cn=Auregana

Any input greatfully received ty.

Selene
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Get the helm you need the Expertise.
Try to get the 2H sword from Reg HoR (for more expertise) or try for the 2H axe from H PoS or the Polearm from H HoR.
Get rid of the Mark. Farm Reg ToC for the Black Heart.

Don't gem for pure Defense. If you are going to gem for Defense, use a Def/Stamina gem instead.
Don't use Orange gems. Only use Green (Hit/Stam or Def/Stam), Purple (Dodge/Stam or Expertise/Stam), Red (Expertise only if you need it BAD) or Blue (Stamina) color gems as a Tank.

v6Max
02-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Many thanks Selene. Farmed ToC normal for 2 weeks so far - sometimes the dice does not roll in my favour!

Selene
02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Many thanks Selene. Farmed ToC normal for 2 weeks so far - sometimes the dice does not roll in my favour!

I know what you mean, other than the boots from H HoR, I have yet to get a real upgrade for my dps spec since the ICC stuff was released :(