PDA

View Full Version : Warrior More fun while leveling: Eng or BS?

Kurtosis
02-16-2010, 07:34 PM
My War is at 50 now, LFG prot leveled all the way. I've been planning to get him to 80 then powerlevel BS and Eng, it's pointless to keep Herbalism since I've fallen behind the level of herbs in the dungeons and don't grind it up out in the world.

So I'm dropping Herb for either BS or Eng. Which is more fun at lower levels, eg lvl 50? Esp for a Prot war in dungeons? I've never had either profession on any toon, so need advice. Thanks!

GŁth
02-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I personally leveled mining / blacksmith on my warrior and enjoyed it. I tried leveling engineering on an alt and it seemed more time and gold consuming than blacksmithing, but I've heard others say blacksmithing is hard, so I guess it's more personal opinion.

Kurtosis
02-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks, what exactly about BS did you enjoy while leveling? I'm particularly interested in what the profession has to offer pre-80, that could make tanking more fun.

GŁth
02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
For the most part I made some of my own armor (not all slots are covered at the same level though) and some weapons, shield spikes, sharpening stones / weigh stones. With all the stat revamps on the old craftables you can make some decent gear compared to how awful it used to be. (most lvl.1-60 craftables had 0 stats, or just resistances)

While leveling to 70 I used some Fel Iron and Adamantite pieces, at the time you could level dual-wield prot with devastate and kill faster than a dps warrior so I just wore crafted dps gear, and made Fel Steel for when I got to 70. You'll also get access to runes of warding and shielding once you get to Outland level blacksmith, which absorb damage when applied to a shield or chest piece. (temporary, doesn't take up your enchant slot which is useful)

If you can manage to power it up to 300+ by 70 you can start crafting some really great tanking gear that will last you until 80. Cobalt armor / shield for 70, and you can make Saronite armor / shield for I think as low as 74-78 that will last you until 80. I did this and felt it was worth the investment, and I was able to get the glove and bracer sockets fairly early (low 70s) which I felt was nice.

I guess I mostly liked it because I'm cheap and for the most part I could be self contained and less reliant on the AH or instance drops, lol.