PDA

View Full Version : Are all servers full of guild to guild drama?

Not_An_Uber_Tank
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
I am one of two active officers in one of the oldest guild on our server. Over the years there have been many splits from this guild and some of which have gone on to be some of the most progressive guilds on our server. The guild I am in has been under the same guild leader for the whole time up until about a month ago. Now we have a new guild leader, and two active officers that have only been officers 8 months or less. The problem we have are that we are no longer the guild that sparked bad blood with these other guilds, but yet we are still having issues with these other guilds hassling our members, and bad mouthing our guild making it hard to recruit. This came to a head for me the other night when the guild leader of one of these guilds started messaging one of our tanks, one that that have been actively trying to recruit from us, in the middle of a raid talking about how bad our make-up was and blahda blahda blahda. Well I will admit we have a bad make-up, and this is why we are recruiting, but I honestly feel that we have made great progression for where we are. I mean we are averaging a new boss a week in ICC for a casual raiding guild with a standard 3-4 Pally, 2-3 Druid, 3 Mage combo. So my question is this, how do other guilds deal with this kind of issue? And what can I do as the recruiting officer to get over this hurdle and get the members we need to have a proper makeup?

Thanks for your time.

Acheronia
02-16-2010, 10:05 PM
There is no easy and quick solution to this. You could try talking to the other guild leader and have a good honest heart to heart. Things have probably deteriorated that this won't be a viable option.

I have had guild members leave the guild for a number of reasons and some of them return. I always wish them well if they leave.. I refuse to burn those bridges. I focus on the people IN the guild instead of worrying about what's happening outside. You know what happens after a while? Some of the people that leave defend you. Because they have first hand knowledge. Also your guild members will tell someone off if they're happy in the guild. It's happened so many times that I never needed to say a word. Treat your guild members (and those that leave) with respect and kindness, and it will come back to you eventually.

Unfortunately this takes time, patience and perceverance.

Voddy
02-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Guild drama has always been an issue. The way to resolve it is to discuss what can be done to solve this seemingly unneccesary feud between these other guilds. At the end of the day, if a player loves the guild they are in, no one is going to be able to talk them into leaving.

Fledern
02-17-2010, 07:10 AM
/ignore works wonders

Not_An_Uber_Tank
02-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the advice; it seems I have an uphill battle ahead of me, but one that is worth it so that my raiders can continue to see all the endgame content.

Not_An_Uber_Tank
02-17-2010, 07:24 AM
/ignore works wonders

Agreed and that is what I told them.

Onyxstar
02-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Having dealt with similar issues, ask yourself one question - if the person was easily persuaded to join this other guild, with their tactics, did you really want them continuing in your guild? Guilds aren't jails, but having dealt with our own amount of split offs- to the point one of these would whisper every new member brought in- I got to the point of calling it the a$$hat check - if the person left, in all honesty, they probably were not a good fit with the guild anyway - and this other guild was truly doing me a favor by removing the person before we were heavily invested. See what I mean? It's all on perspective. There are some excellent sources for recruiting around this site. I would encourage you to take those options- and if you are having problems recruiting on server, focus solely on recruiting transfers. Those folks are usually more heavily invested in the success of the guild.

Stonedheals
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM
I just felt I should post since I had an experience the other day that brewed bad blood. I'm a new prot Pally with(and i hate to use GS) around 4200 gs when it happened. I Q'd for a random heroic trying to get my badges and get geared and was grouped with 3 members of a clan from my server. They were all over 5k gs and the fury warrior immediately started talking smack about how he was gonna have to tank because i sucked. Now mind you we hadnt even buffed yet. well we went all the way to the first boss while this warrior was complaining, downed the boss and continued on to the point were the warrior went his own way and i went a different way and he died and began to QQ about who does that. Long story short he made his guildies kick me from the group. I have written down the guild name and though i wont talk smack I will never have respect for that guild. Morale of the story? I'm not the guild leader but I have since moved up into position of Raid Leader and would never take a member of that guild to fill slots for a 25 man pug even though it was 1 bad seed that caused it. I guess I would advise trying to talk to the officers and Gleader to let them know you guys are diffrent members. I know if someone came to me from that guild one day and said the warrior in question was gone and they were sorry I was treated that way I would forgive them and get along fine. If they dont forgive you they are not worht it anyway.

Bodasafa
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Poaching is considered a black mark most guilds wont risk. I'm rather surprised they are actively trying that. I would tell your tank (and any others that are approached) that they are free to do what they want, but consider the manner in which these people are trying to recruit them with. Do they really want to be associated with those kind of people? or are they happy in your guild where that sort of thing dose not happen?

Crommi
06-01-2010, 05:05 AM
Contact the guildleader and see how it goes, although the chances of getting things fixed seem very slim based on what you've written about his behavior. Just don't sink to his level and be ready to take the highroad. Whatever happens, make sure your members know the facts and do not engage in petty arguments which could harm your guild's reputation. Let them waste their energy in trying to pick a fight while you guys just go do your thing, raid and have fun.

At the end of the day, situations like this are not uncommon and most of the time you're not dealing with rational human beings. I've witnessed person trying to get revenge after being kicked out of a clan by attacking hosted game servers and trying to inject trojan into webpage and forums. Sometimes all you can do is wait for these people to find new thing to focus their nerdrage on.

gacktt
06-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Guild drama and poaching has been reduced massively ever since BC ended. You seem to be in a guild with a long history of drama, and this crap usually only affects the actual guild and not it's members.

In frostmourne there was this guild who spammed trade chat advertising how they had 8 kara groups(which none ever finished) and they were the laughing stock of the server, this guild has maybe 4-5 people now who don't even know about this, yet they're still the butt of all jokes whenever someone converses about guilds and stuff.

If these randoms just made a new guild they would be free of this annoyance, as no one knows or cares who the members are, just that they bear the dishonorable guild's name.

Server first and oceanic first(adept)'s been poaching members since forever. #1 horde here's been losing members and might disband soon, the stragglers are gonna quit or find a new guild, which is good for us cause we're one of the few guilds in the server with 11/12hm and want more members . These things happen to everyone especially at the top level, sometimes there's nothing you can do about it and just move on.

Bodasafa
06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Aye new guild name could do the trick.