PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Gear Check

Riyoke
02-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Just wondering if I can get some input on my gear. Guild says I need to be better to tank ICC 25 or 10 but no real suggestion on what to do to fix it.

On Dawnbringer US and character name is Riyoke, prot warrior.

Thanks in advance.

MrMooky
02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Link your armory. You're more likely to get help if people don't have to go search for it themselves ;)

Riyoke
02-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Hehe, my bad forgot about that somehow.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dawnbringer&cn=Riyoke

MrMooky
02-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Just looked you up on wow-heroes......if your guild doesn't think you are geared for ICC, 10 man especially, they must have some pretty beastly tanks in the guild. You are definately geared to do both.

MrMooky
02-16-2010, 03:01 PM
The only thing I could really suggest, would be a slight spec change. It seems to be the word around these parts that dev > revenge. I'd remove the 2 points in imp revenge, as well as change your glyph.

Selene
02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Gear looks okay though you should gem for the socket bonus in your helm. For the cost of only 3 Stamina you can get 10 Hit Rating or 10 Defense.
Also might want to get the Glyph to replace that Onyxia trinket.
Only other things would be spec/rotation, or experience.

eazo
02-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Also might want to get the Glyph to replace that Onyxia trinket.

This. I cringe a little when i see tanks with that trink equipped. But yea agreed with everyone else. IF they dont think your geared enough for the 10 man they are crazy. I think your good to go on the 25 man too.

Liquidska
02-17-2010, 11:17 AM
You are easily geared enough for ICC. If your guild is still not letting you tank for them then its probably something else. Do you have threat issues? Do you pick up adds on a regular basis? Show up on time to raids? I am just throwing stuff out there, you are defiantly geared enough to do ICC in either flavor, so I suspect they are actually saying no for a different reason.

Riyoke
02-17-2010, 12:47 PM
No threat issue, do appreciate the few suggestions. Personally I think they just like healing pallies better because they have the oh shit skills built in.

Feel that it is more of a healer issue but figured I would check my gear before I say anything different.

I am the only prot warrior in guild that actually raids on a regular basis, the rest are pallies.

Selene
02-18-2010, 11:59 AM
No threat issue, do appreciate the few suggestions. Personally I think they just like healing pallies better because they have the oh shit skills built in.

Feel that it is more of a healer issue but figured I would check my gear before I say anything different.

I am the only prot warrior in guild that actually raids on a regular basis, the rest are pallies.

Definately sounds like healer laziness then.