PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Any PvP shield worth picking up?

Starbuck
02-16-2010, 12:35 PM
At lvl 70 there was a point in farming honor and whatever you needed for the Gladiator shield wall, if you were like me a regular pug-hc-farmer. It was actually a good EH shield.

These days I don't know really. Is there any point? I had some bad luck with getting upgrades and are still sporting the iLvl 200 shields crafted one, emblem one and the one from CoS. Way below rest of my gear which is 230-250 ish.

Pugging raids is a lot easier these days, and in my opinion still much more fun than PvP. But if there is a point to it I would go for it.

Any advice?

*$

Eravian
02-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I would say the biggest detriment to that plan is that you can't simply buy a shield with honor now, you actually have to have an Arena rating of 1800 to buy one of the shields.

Starbuck
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
I would say the biggest detriment to that plan is that you can't simply buy a shield with honor now, you actually have to have an Arena rating of 1800 to buy one of the shields.

Doh! That's a bugger. I managed to peak my Arena rating at 149 before reset... xD
Guess this is not an option for me then. Back to farm normal HoR then.

*$

Dragaan
02-17-2010, 03:10 AM
I've been thinking about using the wrathful shield for a few weeks now... I am definitely going to pick it up since it's so cheap. You lose about 1% avoidance and threat stats vs. the other 264 shields, but you gain quite a large amount of stam and and some armor. Doesn't seem like such a bad tradeoff. Also, I'm pretty sure once I swap out 2 offset pieces for 2 more t10 pieces, I'm going to drop below 536 defense and with the wrathful shield you can go down to like 520something and remain uncrittable (I think..too lazy to double check).

Voddy
02-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Wrathful Shield requires 1800 arena rating, which will probably take longer than farming HoR normal for the shield drop. If you like to PuG, then try and get yourself a ToC shield.

Kazeyonoma
02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
if you have dps gear breaking 1800 with a competent healer isn't terribly hard, 1 night of 3s last night got us to 1707.

Kazeyonoma
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Btw, i just picked up the shield last night, and didn't even realize (due to poor research mostly) that having this shield over neverending winter (non-heroic) is a HUGE EH upgrade.

like 600 more armor, and 60 more stamina >.< I know what i'm using in PVE now.