PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Taunt misses - need some advice

zoby
02-16-2010, 07:48 AM
We were progressing on LK (10man) yesterday, and I realise my taunt missing a few times during the encounter, and it sucked big time as it kinda screwed up a few things.

I've been tanking for a very long time, and I've never been able to cap my taunt. Never thought it was possible. Is there any chance to hit-cap my taunt? And whats the cap for it? Will there always be a chance to miss? I know I can use glyph of taunt, but I feel it kinda wasted, but I don't know.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

--
Zoby

Gehn
02-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Taunt Glyph would be the way to go. Otherwise you would be trying to raise your hit above 400 (thereby gimping your survival).

Bashal
02-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Taunts work off of spell hit (base 17% miss chance on raid bosses). IIRC if you have 8% melee hit that amounts to roughly 10% spell hit (the conversion rates from rating -> percent are different).

In fights where you can't afford to miss a taunt, glyph for it. It adds 8% hit chance to your taunt, which caps it if you are anywhere near melee hit capped. If you aren't, then it'll still greatly reduce your chance for a missed taunt.

Aggathon
02-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Taunts work off of spell hit (base 17% miss chance on raid bosses). IIRC if you have 8% melee hit that amounts to roughly 10% spell hit (the conversion rates from rating -> percent are different).

In fights where you can't afford to miss a taunt, glyph for it. It adds 8% hit chance to your taunt, which caps it if you are anywhere near melee hit capped. If you aren't, then it'll still greatly reduce your chance for a missed taunt.

^ This, I have a complete breakdown of the exact hit amounts you need provided various buffs in my guide (at the bottom, footnote 3).

Spoiler: the moral of the story is don't worry about hit and if you need to make a taunt land then just glyph it.

Thumbdriver
02-16-2010, 12:34 PM
One thing you can try also, depending on your spec etc. If you find your taunt missing alot, use your vigilance on the other tank briefly to give you an instance cooldown refresh on your taunt incase it misses. Chances are your not likely to miss 2x in a row, bad luck if you do. But if you can throw vigilance on long enough to pick up initial aggro then your good.

zoby
02-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the input all, and LK went down on the fifth try aswell.

cheers.