PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Blood DK still taking a lot of damage

Zinjanbabi
02-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Hey all,

Tankspot.com's helped me move from a scrubby tank, to a not so scrubby tank. I have a big question though, how come at times when I run heroics I seem to take a lot of damage, to the point where I need to pop my "oh shit" cooldowns just to survive? This mostly happens in Halls of Reflection. However, during guild runs (raids) I never take too much damage. Is it my problem? Or are the healers with under 5k GS just having trouble healing me?

Here's my armory. I try not to fail too much.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&cn=Zinjanbabi

Harmacy
02-16-2010, 02:45 AM
H HoR hurts. I wouldn't blame it on being a DK (although this is one of the select few instances where the lack of a block mechanism hurts), but rather just the instance design - there are large amounts of both physical and magic damage coming at you, and because some of it is AoE the healers can't focus on you 100%. Popping your cooldowns in H HoR just means you know what you're doing, not that you're doing anything wrong.

That being said, your cloak sucks. Get the badge one when you get enough frosts.

Acidbaron
02-16-2010, 03:43 AM
You're a death knight tank, as above popping your cooldowns and surviving thru it is part of our playstyle, we have a cooldown on a fast cooldown for a reason.

And yes there is a big difference between picking a lesser geared healer for those harder hitting instances compared to a raid geared one, in that instance if you don't got anyone to remove DoT's then you also tend to get the impression that you're getting big hits.

gearscore is a hype that went lost on me so, don't know what ilevels or gear 5K rating is, assuming it's a mixture of totc10 and below. what should be fine for a healer there, not confuse it with being easy to heal though :)

Selene
02-16-2010, 05:22 AM
HoR is one of the harder instances out there.
Also Gear Score does not equate to skill or ability.
With the easy of obtaining gear you will see total noobs with gear that previously was unobtainable unless a guild was willing to completely carry their butt in a raid (which still happens).

vine
02-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Shield tanks will take a lot less damage from multiple mobs than we DK's due to the mechanics of block. Just rotate your cooldowns and mark the kill targets. Try and get as many interrupts in on the spellcasters, and make ample use of AMS.