PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Upgrade help + rate my gem/enchanting

beecool
02-16-2010, 03:10 AM
Best upgrade for my tank gear

Hi Guys,

I've got some questions referring to my current and future gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&cn=Beecool

Im just after some advice on some upgrades and if my gemming and enchanting is fine

also i have trinket glyph of indomitability and corpse tounge coin, so far from what i read we dont go below 35% much so its not that good and the glyph has better passive armor

if thats wrong let me know thanks

i havnt been able to find a BIS list for pallys

Harmacy
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM
There's no set "BiS" list for tanking because the value of different stats changes with the encounter. That being said, stam and bonus armor are the main points. I'd check out the gear forum (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=3&rb_v=viewforum) over on Maintankadin for some good info.

Gear, gems, enchants, etc. look pretty good. Corpse Tongue Coin is not that good, but the Glyph is great. I would argue it should take the place of the Brewfest trinket in your MT set, swapping back out for fights where armor is less important (primarily magic damage). You have a hit gem despite being over the hit cap, replace that.

One thing about your spec - get rid of Imp HoJ and the point in Guardian's Favor, and grab the raidwall. It's a fantastic cooldown to pop when there is raid damage to be mitigated (and you're not in danger of dying), or when your offtank is taking large damage and you're not, etc. Plus it buffs your Sacred Shield, which is never bad. You also have the wrong Seal glyphed - 10 expertise is a huge chunk of threat, especially since you're below the softcap without it.

beecool
02-16-2010, 06:13 AM
okay thanks for replying

in regards to expertise i have 3/3 combat expertise which is +6

so i should be exp cap also right?

Selene
02-16-2010, 06:33 AM
okay thanks for replying

in regards to expertise i have 3/3 combat expertise which is +6

so i should be exp cap also right?

Your armory says 20, which is decent but 26 is the target number.

beecool
03-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Id like everyone to have another look at my armory please i have upgraded a fair bit

Atm a hunter claims to say i have a little threat issue, not major just a bit compared to other tanks, and yea hes comparing to a DK and WAR tank but he says that he had a tank in his old guild that he couldnt really pull threat from which was pally tank

Ill just let you know my 696969 rotation is perfect with out mistakes

So im trying to figure out if i have a problem with gear or talents ?

I am not tanking with any teri peice and i think that might be the reason the teir bonus apears to be good for threat.

Please assist, want to address this before perhaps it could be a serious problem