PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Does Glyph of Sunder Armor also apply threat to second target, or just the debuff?

Kurtosis
02-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Trying to decide between Glyph of Cleave or SA, primarily for AoE threat on my 46 war in LFG.

Currently using SA, my reasoning being that SA is a high-threat ability and if the glyph applies that to two targets, then tab-spam SA would be effective AoE threat.

Or is cleave an equally high-threat ability I should focus on instead?

sud
02-16-2010, 06:10 AM
This thread (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?39775-WoW-3-0-Threat-Values-%28Warrior%29) should answer your question. If you have the rage for it, cleaving glyph should be not far behind on threat while hitting 3 targets instead of 2 and doing damage. Ideally both are used for AOE tanking.

Ponder
02-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Once I tried using Glyph of Devastate AND Glyph of Sunder Armor to see what would happen when I used devastate. I was disappointed to learn that even though the glyph of devastate adds two stacks of sunder armor, only one nearby enemy got sundered, and only one stack.

I've been asking the same question, and currently I use cleave because it spreads the damage out among more targets, although some people tell me I shouldn't use glyph of cleaving. I think they have bosses in mind, though, where the warrior is single-target tanking much of the time. But when you're tanking random heroics, you need good multi-target aggro, because you'll most likely get at least one trigger-happy, high-dps pug in the group.

Aggathon
02-16-2010, 10:07 AM
This thread (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?39775-WoW-3-0-Threat-Values-%28Warrior%29) should answer your question. If you have the rage for it, cleaving glyph should be not far behind on threat while hitting 3 targets instead of 2 and doing damage. Ideally both are used for AOE tanking.

Yes, but glyph of sunder's threat overall is terrible, you should not use it, ever, especially since it only applies to 1 more mob. It is not optimal for AoE tanking compared to the other options imo. I think blocking and vigilance are both better options than sunder.

Edit: okay maybe if you're only ever tanking 2 mobs at once, then glyph of sunder would be good, but I can't think of a situation where that is that viable... MAYBE twin valks, but tbh, it should be just as easy to just keep sunders up on both targets since you're probably not tanking both at once, and if you are, you have to be way more worried about threat on both and would be tabbing between them anyways.