PDA

View Full Version : The Weekly Marmot -- Icecrown Citadel Healing Guide (Part 2)

Ciderhelm
02-15-2010, 09:20 PM
wHnUNo9PEdI

http://www.tankspot.com/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

Eera
02-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Just a note on the video's audio, during the non game footage there is a lot of background noise but there is non when the game footage kicks in.
I assume this is because there is a headset used for the game section but not for the real video but personally it irritates me when listening since I tend to listen to the audio while playing rather than watching the video.

Maybe just me but I'd prefer a constant good audio throughout *shrugs*

Aliena
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Gonna have to live with it.

Eera
02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Gonna have to live with it.
Oh don't get me wrong I didn't mean to imply you should run out and buy a [something to fix the audio here] right away, It's the only let down in an otherwise very good video, and at the end of the day the words are all audible so what else matters?

Mmiz
02-16-2010, 01:21 PM
From my experience Shamans are almost as good as pallys healing dreamwalker and druids are best left out for raidhealing due to there awsomnes :p our equaly geared shammys and pallys mor or less all end up above 20k hps doing portals (even if messing up and loosing stacks a few times). So my question is where u gett from that shammys aint great for dreamwalker?

This is mostly due to the fact that shammys with 2 sett10 gett that bonus haste and tw making youre hw (wich u can use with all the mana regen going) drop to somthing like a 1s for first then 1.2sec for 2'nd and then you do a lhw if u gott pvp totem or chain if u gott chain totem and back around. also for those using riptide totem they just do a 3'rd hw.

from seeing priests and druids try they are far of the meters from the shammys and pallys who are preety similar on this figth.

Annyway want to thank you for all the great videos I watch them all (I think I've done at least)

Edit:
I thought the contacts where cool not iretating :p

Aliena
02-16-2010, 04:31 PM
You must have some awful paladins then. =P I'm not gonna rag on shammies - I mean I play a holy priest, I'm pretty useless taking up a portal, so don't take this the wrong way - but what makes druids so viable is that their HoTs tick while they're in portals, so essentially they have very little healing downtime at all and in my experience greatly outheal any shaman on this fight. No one should even be remotely close to your paladins if done right, though. This boils down to player ability though.. in an ideal setting with people performing at the top of their game, this is how I'd pick classes in the portals. If people in your guild perform differently, obviously pick your highest single HPS healers!

Mmiz
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Did it again on 10 today and had a druid priest shammy healing setup. tried the priest in (soz butt that was just fail) then me and the druid vent in the druid did a lott better than the priests butt even with hots ticking the whole time I out healed him on a shammy (freshly rerolled) by about 10%... butt then I might go with rag druids who knows :p thing is I think in the end u want palladins, shammy, druids inside in that order from my experience... curious as to what hps you're pally s are doing tbh? (make it easier to compare) the pally we used is pretty good one that has been offered spots in top 100 guilds before. So I do not think shes rag. (reason shes with us is social ties and not enough time to meet hardcore raiding)

This is subjectively based on my xp on this fight and might be due to player skill difrence ofc.. all thought all of the ppl I've been with have done anub mad skills at some point. (so we aint total rag even if we are pretty social in our raiding....)

thnx for the response btw. and have to say I'd newer putt a druid in unless you said so (cause of there awesome raid healing and mana)

ps. I do not play priest other than ocationaly taking my bro's one for a "guild" pug.

As all our healers use grid and mousovers some of us in combination with clique, on dreamwalker is there a way to have a sticky ui of dreamwalker that stays entering dream state and going back out? (atm we keep having to mouse ower the boss here self for the first heal and then use the unitframe)

Took the time to go back look at some logs and view som vids of our kills and it seems you are right about druids. I dint catch that cause, well I was in all the time so my meters dint see the ticks inside ofc (my bad) I have to say thought I still dont think shammys are as bad as you say ;) God that was hard to admit.

Best of luck on 25 hard modes. (I'm on a rubbish server so none has even unlocked 10 man yet... my guild had a 30% LK wipe as best so pretty fail)