PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Tanking Re-haul

HDEagle71
02-15-2010, 03:11 PM
OK,

I need to get opinions on my talent spec, gems, glyphs and current gear.

Also, any advice for using my frost badges would be appreciated.

Just need to know since 3.3 and all if I am on track or need some tweaking.

I build for raids or at least I think I am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Bloodtop

Irons
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Ok, here we go

Assuming the following changes will still leave you over 538 defense..

Get rid of the hit gem in your helm, put in 30 stam. Replace the Hodir enchant with the pvp stam enchant. I would get rid of that hit/stam gem in your chest and put a pure stam in there, though you can probably get away with it, seeing as it gets you the socket bonus, so you're only losing 6 stam. Replace stats to chest enchant with health. If you are worried about threat, put Accuracy on your weapon. If you are worried about survivability, put Blood Draining on your weapon. Replace defense enchant on shield with stam. Get rid of that threat enchant to your gloves. It's horrible. Put stam on them. Get rid of the str/stam purple gem in your legs. If you must keep a purple to meet your meta, change it to agi/stam. Or alternatively, you could put expertise/stam in there. Put 30 stam gem in your boots. You don't gem for strength as Prot.

Get rid of that point in Stoicism. Get rid of both those points in Improved Hammer of Justice. Sink them into Divine Sacrafice and Divine Guardian. Raidwide 10% damage reduction (including you and the other tank(s)) is a good thing. Simply macro it to click off the buff, or do it manually, if you're worried about taking the extra damage from Divine Sacrafice. Everyone still gets the 10% reduction part regardless. I would recommend taking that point out of Benediction and putting it into Improved Judgements. Yes, you only need 1/2 in it for your 969 rotation, but there are times when it's handy having it off cooldown sooner. I would also take those points out of Conviction and put them into Pursuit of Justice. The greater mobility while tanking is huge. The final point can be put in Conviction or Seal of Command. Conviction is one of our lowest threat talents. I know an extra 1% crit seems really good, and is tempting, but if you tank a lot of fast dying trash/heroics, Seal of Command will generate more threat than Seal of Vengeance if you are fighting three or more mobs, and the mobs die in thirty seconds or less (usually).

Get Sense Undead for your third minor Glyph. It's great for undead, which means almost everything in ICC.

Hope that helps.

HDEagle71
02-16-2010, 07:36 AM
It does thanks,

I will start tonight!

Do you have the marco for getting rid of the Divine Sacrifice?

Also, do I need to be hit capped I thought that was needed and that is why I have the hit gems.

Ehladin
02-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Macro for DS is a follows:

/cancelaura
/cast Divine Sacrifice

Just have to hit it twice to drop.

Irons
02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I use this for my Divine Sacrifice macro:

#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.5 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")

taken from here.

You should follow the link and note what he says about latency though.

And to be perfectly honest, no, you don't have to be hit capped anymore as a Protection Paladin. As long as you are able to easily stay ahead of your dps, you don't need the added threat. If you are worried about missing a taunt (even though you have two of them) you can glyph for it, and drop Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous. I haven't personally had to do this, but I carry a stack of both Glyphs in my bags at all times to switch them out if I feel it is necessary.