PDA

View Full Version : Tanking EH glove enchant (stam vs armor)

Farothin
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Has anyone done the math recently on comparing the 240 armor glove enhancement compared to the 18stam enhancement?

Way back when Naxx was the thing I figured that at 30k HP the armor passed it up as an EH enchant.
Extrapolating that out one would guess that at 40k or more HP would make the difference larger not switch which one is better.
(and yes, armor vs magic damage is useless of course)
Wanting to ditch my armsman enchant in favor of something more EH flavored but just kinda curious as all the guides I've read don't even mention the 240 armor enchant any more.

krc
02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
In terms of pure EH the armor is worth about 3 stamina more but in magic it is devalued.

veneretio
02-15-2010, 07:02 PM
ICC is proving to be very physical oriented so there's really no reason not to just stack ridiculous amounts of armor. I definitely recommend the 240 armor to gloves.

Bodasafa
02-15-2010, 11:25 PM
ICC is proving to be very physical oriented so there's really no reason not to just stack ridiculous amounts of armor. I definitely recommend the 240 armor to gloves.

I agree.

Darksend
02-16-2010, 04:14 AM
This is the one perk of being an engineer, 885 armor to gloves on my warrior

Dragaan
02-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Yea. You could probably make an argument for the 45stam helm enchant too in some situations.

Insahnity
02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
You folks are being too easy on the OP. Make him slog through this article. http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?41526-AC-and-Stamina

There was another post involving Glyph of Indom, comparing the armor gains and its effects on EH, and when to take it. Needless to say, what I got out of it was that for most poeple considering it, if you had to think about it, it was probably an upgrade, and at really high levels of gear you probably had access to better trinkets anyways and you wouldn't be having that comparison in your head.

To make a long story short, plug in the armor gains based on your current gear, and then figure out how much HPs the 18 stam gives you, and take the answer that has more EH.

Kers
02-24-2010, 12:33 AM
I use both the 885 armor to gloves and 45 stam to helm on my warrior. Utilize the added bonuses of your profession, I always say.

Aggathon
02-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I use both the 885 armor to gloves and 45 stam to helm on my warrior. Utilize the added bonuses of your profession, I always say.

I've used the helm enchant before too, sure it's a loss of 20 defense, but tbh I couldn't tell an effective difference either way in either damage reduction or survivability, it's personal preference imo.