PDA

View Full Version : Tanking DK Question

tweek
02-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Hello!

I have come to a point with my DK that I am being overrunned by Defense Rating.

Currently I am at 598 defense, and I am questioning my enchantments on my weapons.

I am tanking as frost, and dualweilding. The question here would be, is it worth swapping out nerubian carapace rune enchant for lets say, Swordbreaking (2% parry) of even fallen crusader (threat, heal, also parry).

I do have two def+sta gems in gear (head, changing when i get another head, and legs, changing when i need hit)

Any thoughts? :(

gabbu
02-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Can you link your armory please

MrMooky
02-15-2010, 11:56 AM
The nerubian carapace enchant also gives you 1% stam per enchant, so 2% with both. I'd try to get rid of defense elsewhere, specifically gems and enchants. As the above poster said, link armory for specifics.

Sterbefall
02-15-2010, 11:57 AM
The defense on Nerubian Carapace is not subject to DR, so the value proposition (similar to 2H) is about 3% avoidance (dodge, parry, miss) and 2% stam vs. 4% avoidance (parry).

Selene
02-15-2010, 01:48 PM
If your high Defense Rating is from gear and your runes, then that is perfectly okay. If you are still enchanting and gemming for defense though, you should change the enchants and gems.

tweek
02-15-2010, 02:05 PM
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&cn=Imbadk

Armory!

I guess I could get Pillars of Might, but I would loose alot of expertise, also limited to only 10man gear. :(

Selene
02-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Gear looks good near as I can tell just looking over everything briefly.

Acidbaron
02-16-2010, 05:30 AM
Your defense on gear seems normal, it's the 1h's that put you massive over really :)

I wouldn't say that much defense is overkill, it's like what 50% migation when using IBF now for you?

Selene
02-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Spec could use a slight tweak imo, but that could also be personal preference/bias.
Scent of Blood tends to be much better for RP generation than Chill of the Grave for DW tanks.