PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Prot War : Looking to Get Into Entry Level Tanking

tuff
02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
All,

Tuff's Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion+Circle&cn=Tuff)

Thanks in advance. I'm currently a 2300 GS (wowheroes) tank who pretty much owns Heroics to the point of sheer boredom. I have a ran a few raids and have looked to run a few more but the following has happened:

Up front my single target rot is : SS>REV>SHOCK>CB. I use devastate when everything is down and try to pop HS every cooldown.. I do miss them occasionally though cause its crazy frantic.

1. Having a hard time dealing with 4-5k dps and above players. Everyone is overgeared at this point so they jump into say ToC10/Ony10 which i'm gauging for entry level raids and stealing threat. I'm trying to maximize my EH but wondering if i need to somehow work my threat capabilities up to feel comfortable. Something concerns me is my rage is really high even with spamming HS (between 75-100 rage) and i can't figure out way.. maybe thats just normal.. wondering if my glyphs need to be changed.

The difficult thing i face is that my gear seems to be ready for entry level raids (maybe its not) but the dps has outpaced even the lower level raids with them offering badges. There is always one or two people (and thats all it takes) to overtake me on threat and i'm screwed. Maybe my rotation is busted or i'm missing something.. not sure.

Looking for any recommendations. Thanks again.

Amaranthine
02-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I'll see if i cant answer all of your questions here :)

Your gear is looking pretty good and you should be able to pull off ToCr10 with only a few issues, get a healer friend :).

Your spec is pretty good but if you have excess rage i would dump puncture and put it in possibly spell reflection, w/e you're most comfortable with.

Your rotation is also mostly good but i would take conc blow out, its not all that great these days. Personally i only use shockwave when i'm tanking multiples and never have issues on single target threat, but thats entirely personal.

What will help you out the most is changing your glyphs, you got all leveling glyphs and thats probably whats hurting your threat. Dump charge and revenge and get glyph of vigilance, and glyph of shieldwall. That glyph of vigilance will help your out immensely on threat, be sure you put it on the most aggro happy DPS (this is where omen rocks) in general that title usually goes to hunters, locks, and shammies in my exp.

Anyways welcome to the wonderful world of tanking, hope my advice helps and good luck! :D

krc
02-15-2010, 12:42 PM
With the Devastate buff your rotation should be SS > Shockwave > Devastate. For your gearing:
-Gem all stamina unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher
-Put the pvp enchant on your shoulders
- 225 armor to your cloak
-Mongoose to weapon
-240 armor to your gloves
-Replace your trinkets with the Black Heart and Glyph of Indom.

Amar covered pretty much everything else.