PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Stinky/Precious Mortal Wound

Steakdinner
02-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Not sure if anyone has addressed this issue, but I was noticing that stinky and precious got in physical damage crits. I am very much crit immune, was wondering however if this was a fight mechanic to be expected, or blizzard not paying attention.

Chamenas
02-15-2010, 05:41 AM
It's something others have noticed and something Blizzard hasn't fixed. I suspect that even if it wasn't designed that way, Blizzard has no intention of changing it.

Steakdinner
02-15-2010, 11:47 AM
I've noticed a few things critting that weren't supposed to before, in most cases they are harmless crits from a bugged trash mob, but when my healing is already reduced by some multiplier and healers are strained for healing...it becomes more unacceptable.

Quinafoi
02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
It's something others have noticed and something Blizzard hasn't fixed. I suspect that even if it wasn't designed that way, Blizzard has no intention of changing it.

This isn't something to be fixed.

Precious and Stinky are trash. More specifically, they are Level 80 Elites. They are not raid bosses scaled to 3 levels higher than your level. Do not attempt to apply boss rules to trash.

These units simply have an elevated chance to crit, similar to a rogue type NPC. Certain mobs can have elevated crit chance, bosses generally don't (Thorim gains chance to crit for example by reducing the tank's defense skill).

People are applying rules which apply to bosses to trash mobs. Don't fall victim to this. If you're defensed capped, that doesn't protect you against being crit by something that has a higher chance to crit to begin with. This is working as designed.

Darksend
02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
I was crit by stinky, who we pulled first so no precious add debuffs on me, for 26K with shield block up right after a decimate. It was not a block that still crit, but an attack that was not blocked while shield block was up. That it was bothers me about them

Quinafoi
02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Look at your defense tooltip instead of a player written addon.

As for the crit, not enough information given. See post above, but also what was he fighting? If it was a dual wielding mob, good chance it's a rogue type.

Some mobs have increased chance to crit.

Churles
02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
If I recall they crit because when they go to put up the mortal strike debuff, they gain basically gain a -all of your avoidance/defense buff so that they can apply it. If they land a melee in this time it can crit.

I know that I didn't explain that well, but that was my understanding of it.

DnQuxiti
02-16-2010, 05:00 PM
You know, I would really like to know what determines if the debuff gets applied anyway. I have had days where it takes them 5 seconds just to put up 1 stack, and other days where it seems like they put one up every swing.