PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Shadow's Edge vs Bryn'troll The Bone Arbiter

Rennadrel
02-14-2010, 08:00 AM
I have been looking over the stats for these two weapons and can't for the life of me understand why Bryn'troll from regular 25 man ICC would be better from an effective pure DPS standpoint, sure it has a chance on hit to steal health which helps with raid bosses, however I don't understand how pure DPS wise Shadow's Edge doesn't come out on top for warriors and paladin's. Yes, it has ArP which is not really a good stat for Retribution Paladin's, but if you stack enough haste (which there is plenty of on our Tier 10), you can drop the weapon speed enough to be effective assuming you itemize to have almost no ArP aside from what is on the weapon as a paladin or slightly more as a death knight, while fury warriors are stacking it to 100% capped.

Shadow's Edge has two red sockets and any intelligent plate DPS wearer would socket two +20 Strength so you wind up with the socket bonus, while Bryn'troll has a red and a blue socket, thus not getting the bonus if you socket gems like that. Shadow's Edge also has +185 Strength and Stamina respectively, while Bryn'troll has 169 Strength and 161 Stamina. The equip bonuses seem to me like what makes up the difference. Retribution Paladin's stack crit as one of their top stats off gear, so the 92 crit is nice, however there is also 92 ArP on Shadow's Edge while Bryn'troll just has the chance on hit to steal health which one would think is effective for a DK tank more than a plate DPS.

I am pondering over which one effectively from a DPS standpoint is the better option, I mean Shadowmourne is the best in slot but the odds of me ever getting that are impossible, I don't think anyone on my crappy server will kill Arthas.

Destruyen
02-14-2010, 12:34 PM
heroic bryntoll > shadow's edge > regular bryntoll

Biigfoot
02-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Shadow's Edge is better for a few reasons. It has green stats as opposed to a proc, not to mention the two red slots that you made reference to. Also the proc rate on Byrntroll was nerfed for Ret pallies, and then nerfed overall so it isn't as good anymore.

Rennadrel
02-20-2010, 01:50 PM
So I am better off trying to get Shadow's Edge or at least try for Bryn'troll until I have completed the Shadow's Edge quest? 25 Primordial Saronite is a lot of work to obtain, I could do it but odds are it would take me a few weeks to do it.