PDA

View Full Version : DPS SOS my rogues dps is low

Revass
02-13-2010, 09:22 PM
I have no idea what it is that I'm doing wrong. My dps ranges from 2-3k and I should be doing more.
my spec is combat atm and my rotation is sinister strike, 5 snd then 5 evis and do it all over again throwing in cd's like KS BoF and AR when ever needed. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garithos&cn=Revass <--- thats my rogue please leave your advice :D

GŁth
02-13-2010, 10:36 PM
For starters use this rotation:

(From Stealth) Garrote > 1 combo point Slice and Dice > Sinister Strike to 5 combo points > Rupture > Refresh Slice and Dice (you should be able to get 5 combo points for the refresh). You should only be using Eviscerate when you're not at risk of Rupture or Slice and Dice wearing off.

That is for bosses / high health mobs, and not for typical heroic trash mobs, for trash substitute Rupture for Eviscerate as it won't live long, if there are 3 or more trash mobs forget using a rotation.

Tips for AoE: If 3 or more targets are available, spam Fan of Knives, a good combination to use together is Blade Flurry and then Killing Spree. Never use Killing Spree while Adrenaline Rush is active, or you end up wasting the increased energy generation.

Gear:

Nighttime in the mainhand, get a fast offhand weapon for more Combat Potency procs and sustained DPS, do not use a slow offhand as combat. Enchant all of your gear, it will account for a large portion of lost dps after you are able to keep a tight rotation.

Gems seem fine (AP gems are about the same as Agility gems in terms of dps, only downside is they don't scale with Blessing of Kings..either way, you're fine) I'd personally not gem for haste, AP or Agi increases damage of your abilities and that should outweigh the small increase to white damage the haste gem gives.

Berserking to weapons is the highest dps enchant, although costly, I'd suggest getting it on Nighttime if you're not raiding and plan on keeping it for a while.

The armory won't let me see (any) player's talent builds for some reason...so I can't see if there is anything wrong there, but I'm assuming you've got all the important talents as they're pretty easy to pick out compared to the pvp talents.

[Edit] Armory finally worked properly, and I overlooked something very important - Your meta gem is inactive - you should be using the 21 agility +3% crit damage meta and using a +10 to all stats gem to activate it. (Nightmare Tear, I think)

Remove the points from Improved Eviscerate, Vigor and put them into: 2/2 Blood Spatter and finish maxing 5/5 Relentless Strikes.

Notavi
02-13-2010, 11:51 PM
I never understood why people think a 5 point SnD is the way to go. For trash I usually go for a 1 point SnD (They're not gonna live longer than that), followed by building combo points and an eviscerate when the mob is getting closer to death (you're not gonna build 5 combo points on a trash mob, so don't bother trying).

On bosses, I tend to open with a 2 point SnD (typically followed by Blade Flurry, DPS Trinket and Adrenaline Rush (burn through some energy before popping the last one)), followed by 5 point rupture. I'll then either slip in an Eviscerate (for as many points as seem prudent) if I think there's enough time left on SnD or if SnD has only a few seconds left I'll build two combo points and pool energy until SnD falls off.

After refreshing the SnD, it's time to build 5 points for another Rupture (although on some heroic bosses, they'll already be down far enough by now that Rupture won't get to complete, in which case, just go Eviscerate).

Generally, I've found 2s/5r to be a fairly stable rotation and fairly effective in my current gear. I'm expecting that once I accumulate more Armor Penetration I'll want to switch to a Eviscerate only rotation though. With your gear at 400 ArP, I'd expect you'd want to check a spreadsheet if you ever get your hands on [Needle Encrusted Scorpion] (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198) to determine if a rupture-less rotation would be a better idea.