PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new guild

Sarvin
02-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Hello all. Im new to tankspot (Well, relatively. I watch all the video guides) and would like all of your opinions on a kind of guild I'd like to try making, and how to start it. I want to make a raiding guild with pretty much just 10 people that are reliable, know their class, and can think for themselves. We'll pretty much just do the weekly and ICC10 every week, and move on to Heroic modes when we are good enough. We could try to recruit all of the different classes we can to get all of the utility available. Does this sound like a good idea? I've gotten tired of pugging, and im ready to have a good, reliable, small group of people to raid with.

Illidra
02-14-2010, 04:51 AM
Naturally the most poingnant issue is that if there are only 10 of you alot of the time your raid will not get off the groupnd.

If one person cant make a raid, the raid will have to pug or be cancelled.
If someone leaves the guild, then you'll have to pug or cancel raids until you can replace them.

also with such a small guild there's the chance that if yo single out one or two people to be your right hand players the others will naturally feel lesser if only because there is a smaller group of people who are standard member rank whereas in large guilds its alot more balanced as there tends to be a head team of say 6 people then 44 or more who are the lower ranks.

i hope this helps your decision and good luck. :)

Motorboatin
02-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Have you consider applying to a strict 10 man guild? That might be the best place for you to be. If your tired of pugging then starting a new 10m raiding guild is not for you.

Do you have anyone right now or at least a solid core of Tanks and Heals?

Are you planning to lead it? If so be prepared, those mains that you do recruit may not have much raiding experience, alts are a different story and may not show up on raiding nights do to conflicts with mains.

Also make consistent times and days for your raids and make sure they happen even if it is lower tier content, get the group together and pug what you need, can't tell you how many times a pug has applied to the guild after a good successful run.

Throrik
02-16-2010, 12:39 AM
I've been in a small 10 man strict guild and we found that the minimum you could have was 15-16 players due to the fact that real life gets in the way of raiding a lot for people, rotations had to be done but we always raided every week.

Voddy
02-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Starting a guild isn't really the best idea to have currently. With everyone focusing on clearing ICC asap, they will be wanting to join a guild which already has a string of bosses under their belt. The best idea, would be to apply yourself to a guild that is raiding ICC, therefore meaning you won't have to PuG constantly. Also, if your desperate to make a new guild, then maybe speak to another progressing/relatively new guild about merging. I would say the best time to start a guild would be at the beginning of Catacylsm, where everyone is in the process of leveling and you can actively recruit new people who want a chance to raid in Catacyslm.