PDA

View Full Version : ICC 10 Group Design

Natal
02-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Currently one 10 man team in my guild needs a Shaman and some sort of Melee DPS.

If I could, I would love to have an Enhancement Shaman but I don't see us finding one.

I'm wondering how man rough patches a 10 man team would have with one melee DPS?

If anybody could help that would be great.

gacktt
02-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Using a heavy ranged or pure ranged group has no advantages (unless it's like 5 casters then deathwhisper adds can be a problem), if I had my way I would make my 10man have 5 ranged.----- Using a heavy melee(3 or more) team will cause a lot of unneeded disadvantages on the last 2 bosses.

Raiths
02-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Marrowgar is better if you have ranged, for extra dps during Bone Storm and flexibility on Spikes.

For Deathwhisper, you need at least 2 (geared) or 3 melee/hunters. Otherwise the adds just won't be doable.
For Deathbring Saurfang, it is good to have 3-4 ranged and 2-3 melee

Also, for Festergut, I'm unsure but i think you need at least 3 ranged (could be healers standing out i guess..)

Fenier
02-13-2010, 06:47 PM
For Deathwhisper, you need at least 2 (geared) or 3 melee/hunters. Otherwise the adds just won't be doable.

That's untrue.

We regularly kill Deathwhisper with:

Prot Warrior
Feral Druid
Hunter
Mage
Lock x2

We leave one DPS (so it really doesn't mater the class, and they are not in the above list) on Lady D the entirety of phase 1. We have gone the entire duration of phase 1 getting no renimated ever, but ocassionally getting a Deformed Fanatic. I have likewise killed Lady D with 5 melee and no casters. It is entirely dependent on your ability to establish a kill order based on the make up of your raid.

Khazzeron
02-14-2010, 02:56 PM
We usually one shot the 1st wing with a

Prot War
Prot Pally
DK
Ele Sham
Surv Hunter
Fury War
Combat Rogue
Asassin Rogue
Holy Pally
Resto Druid / Resto Sham / Holy Priest rotation

We never have a problem on LDW, Lootship, or Saurfang. It's actually Marrowgar that gives us issues at times. On LDW we usually got 32 seconds or so to DPS shield on first wave and 25-30 seconds on 2nd wave, rinse and repeat. Rarely have adds revive we kill them so fast.

On our Fester kill, we had our holy pally stack with melee, and our hunter, resto sham, and resto druid stand at ranged. Worked very well.