PDA

View Full Version : Priest Leveling

Newpriest85
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Hey all,

I am a priest and I want to know should I level as shadow or go with holy and just run dungeons? I want to learn my class but can I heal as shadow and if so till what level?

Inaara
02-12-2010, 01:57 PM
It really depends on what you would prefer. For grinding/questing shadow is te only way to go. If you want to run instances then stick with holy for the faster queue times although grabbing dual spec is the best option so you can switch back and forth when you get bored. What level are you at right now?

Insahnity
02-12-2010, 06:25 PM
What Inaara said.

Healing as shadow is not a good idea until you are at 80 and overgeared. If you try and heal as shadow, you will generally run out of mana too quickly, and your heals lack the power to be effective without the talents to back it.

The same argument goes for DPSing as a healer. It just doesn't work all that well.

The best option is to dual spec. If you can't do that, then you have to make a tough choice and stick with it until you can afford to dualspec.

Newpriest85
02-13-2010, 12:30 PM
I just hit 10.

Nixxo
02-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm leveling a priest myself during my spare time. Since shadow isn't that great til deep in, around level 40ish I'd stay holy until then. I'd recommend getting the first few talents in the one that increases your spirit when you get a killing blow in the shadow tree though. Then the rest in holy until you can get i'd say at least enough points to get shadow form.

By then you should have a good feel if you want to stay holy or not too. I chose shadow over holy but that's me, everyone will want and play differently.

Also if you decide to go shadow from the start, really until level 20 or 25ish healing shadow is fine. There isn't very many talents that low to make a huge difference in healing power.