PDA

View Full Version : Druid Low Level Rage Starvation

Taei
02-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Hi guys,

Having warr, pala and dk tanks, I'm now levelling a bear (lvl 45 now) to complete the collection, and enjoying it a lot. However, in 5mans I'm suffering from a lack of rage quite often. From what I remember of levelling my warrior, rage wasn't much of a problem. But I seem to be always low as bear. Enrage helps for one pull, but by the next I'm starved again. I've tried conserving rage when I have a threat lead, but usually I need it for swipe/maul to keep aggro. I'm using FFF as much as possible.

Armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chamber+of+Aspects&n=Derakhan

Is this normal for levelling bears? Does it get better with later (Outlands on) gear?
Have I taken too many bear talents? (Leaving out thick hide and natural reaction --> more dmg taken --> more rage)
Would I be better to pick up Primal Precision or Furor? (was intending to pick it up after reaching Berserk)

felhoof
02-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I never leveled as a bear specifically, but I don't remember having that many issues. You might consider not mauling a huge amount.

I would have definitely taken PP over imp lotp. Berserk is immaterial, really. It's just not that special. Get mangle quickly and then don't worry about it.

Spirithooff
02-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey Taei
As a leveling druid, you should use "imo lotp" over "PP". As for everything else, I agree with felhoof.

Is this normal for levelling bears? - Dont remember, sry
Does it get better with later (Outlands on) gear? In outland you wont have, or should not have threat issue
Have I taken too many bear talents? If you want to level faster, yes. Until you hit the Heroic dungeon you can tank in cat spec
Would I be better to pick up Primal Precision or Furor? Depends, I would personnaly go in the resto tree to get some dps increase in both cat and bear and as felhoof said, dont bother about bersek, just go there after mangle

Hope it helps

Spirithooff/Alexstrasza/US

Insahnity
02-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi guys,

Having warr, pala and dk tanks, I'm now levelling a bear (lvl 45 now) to complete the collection, and enjoying it a lot. However, in 5mans I'm suffering from a lack of rage quite often. From what I remember of levelling my warrior, rage wasn't much of a problem. But I seem to be always low as bear. Enrage helps for one pull, but by the next I'm starved again. I've tried conserving rage when I have a threat lead, but usually I need it for swipe/maul to keep aggro. I'm using FFF as much as possible.

Armoury: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chamber+of+Aspects&n=Derakhan

Is this normal for levelling bears? Does it get better with later (Outlands on) gear?
Have I taken too many bear talents? (Leaving out thick hide and natural reaction --> more dmg taken --> more rage)
Would I be better to pick up Primal Precision or Furor? (was intending to pick it up after reaching Berserk)

Bumpage to agree with felhoof. If you fail to connect, you don't get rage, and expertise is really good at making your hits connect (you currently have 0 expertise, which is very bad).

A great way to gain rage is to take on lots of mobs and then swipe. Every critical hit on a swipe generates 5 rage. To that end, you need to find more agility, as a start look to enchants that give agility (or +stats failing that) instead of armour. The additional mobs will also hit you, generating threat through damage taken. The trick is to survive more mobs at once ....

Is this normal for levelling bears? Yes. Fixed only by learning more about how bears work and adjusting your gear/talents/skills to make it work for you.
Does it get better with later (Outlands on) gear? In the grand scheme of things, not really.
Have I taken too many bear talents? (Leaving out thick hide and natural reaction --> more dmg taken --> more rage). No.
Would I be better to pick up Primal Precision or Furor? (was intending to pick it up after reaching Berserk) Answered. Take PP, drop Imp LotP (for now). Furor will also not help, don't look at resto tree until you have filled out all the talents you will end up taking in the feral tree.

The easiest fix: pull more. Live at the edge of life and death, and rage will be yours. Being to conservative leads to rage starvation, being too rash has you flying as a wisp often or eating dirt.

Taei
02-13-2010, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the answers guys :)

I've started to pick up PP, so that should help. Interesting to hear your thoughts on Berserk - in which case, I'll start in the Resto tree after Mangle. I'll also start pulling more!