PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Advice needed ICC tanking

casecase89
02-12-2010, 03:05 AM
( Paladin )http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&cn=Unbreachable

Hey guise, I'm a bit unsure of myself. I haven't really ran into a fight so far that seemed that I was under geared for, although we are only on Festergut ( 10 )... But none the less I am curious on whether or not I am Gemming/Chanting/Etc the right way, since I have heard so many different things. Would an Armor trinket be better for me to use (Triumph emblem Trinket)? I'm also unsure about a few other things regarding emblem gear. Looking at what I am currently wearing and looking at my T10 set... The pieces just do not look like that big of upgrades compared to the other pieces from frost emblems. I don't know if its just me or not, the 4 piece is nice but in the long run it seems like I'm more or less gimping myself if I were to get the pieces instead of the higher IL items since they give more HP and all that good stuff. Just a little help from the pros would be nice XD.

Also, about what's the hardest boss in ICC that I am geared for? I barely have to use cooldowns for festergut.

Skaggi
02-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Hi!

Professions: Heralism does nothing for you as a tank. If you want to minmax then this is the first profession to drop. Inscription is meh, too but slightly better than herbalism.

Talents: SotP is not your main threat boost in ICC. 3 points over to crusade. BoM does nothing for you. Consider putting that into further reduced judgement cd which is at least useful in some situations. Only one point is needed in spiritual attunement. Consider picking SoC for trash and Valithria / Arthas. Most important >> Pick up vindication for the AP debuff which is a major survivability upgrade.

Glyph: Judgement is your variable glyph and good for singletanking bosses. Carry a taunt glyph on you and reglyph where needed.

Gems: Pallies gem for agi in violet slots so drop the dodge ones. Shoulders have only +6 stam bonus >> 30 stam there.

Enchants: Health on chest. Stam or agi to hands. Armor on cloak. Mungo on mainhand.

Badge gear: T10 is BiS if upgraded. Without trophies the offset pieces look better what should be offset by the 4pc bonus.

You look fine to tank every boss in 10 ICC.

Cheers!
skaggi

Schisme
02-12-2010, 03:58 AM
The only thing i would say is that your dodge/stam trinket should be swapped out for 30 stam. You need one for the meta, and after that just stam it up. I used mix it up a bit with dodge and defense but with fights like festergut doing 28k damage white hits in 25's, it makes stam even more valuable than before. Enchants are mostly good, changing cape to armor, chest to HP are minor changes and come down to personal preference. Armor is the #1 dmg mitigation technique it seems for ICC. I would get the Triumph trinket for 10's but the extra 2k hp you get from a stam trinket is really crucial right now in ICC. When you can take 2 hits in a row without dying then you know you're safe to start stacking armor again ie: Triumph Trinket.