PDA

View Full Version : Necrotic Plague Pin Pon

Swidtter
02-11-2010, 11:39 PM
So, after trying the LK encounter on 25 man I have to wonder. When a player gets necrotic plague, we got that person close to the Horror and then dispelled it, so it jumped over to the add. Our problem lies within when the add then dies it jumps to the tank, and after 3 sec the person is dead. We tried to solve this by getting one or two of the small ghouls close to the tank, so it can be dispelled to those but then again when they die it just keeps chaining to the tank, and he dies within a few sec.

we ended up doing pin pon between the melee loosing them and even in phase 1.5 (transition phase)

So, what are we missing? since the plague just wont disappear ever xD it just keeps chaining.

sakkdaddy
02-12-2010, 01:45 AM
It disappears if you are 6 yards away from any other valid target and it gets dispelled. Ping-ponging it across all the adds is a great tactic that will dramatically help your dps as well. On 10man we had zero dps on the adds, and I just offtanked everything. We ran every Necrotic Plague over and they usually died halfway through the Phase 2 transition.

Muroku
02-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Yea, we do the same as well. We just dps the Lich King, and its important to note that you want to dispel the debuff to the gouls rather than the horror, so it can build stacks before getting to him. Just make sure who gets it is running to the gouls.

Basically just chain dispel till it gets to someone not around anyone and it goes away.

swelt
02-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Am I right in saying that taking this approach results in the lich king hitting rather hard (as a result of the "each time it jumps, arthas gets more beefcake" part of the necrotic plague)?

Casper7526
02-12-2010, 06:57 AM
If your tanking everything together and having it jump between melee and all that jazz, yes LK will increasingly hit much harder. Basically what we do for 10/25 is simple.

I am the OT, I stand 10 yards away from the MT. I am always taunting ghouls over to me, and anyone with plague is running to me to get dispelled. By the time the 2nd horror is up, you don't have to have dps on it anymore, because I'll be chaining around a 8-10 (12-14 on 3rd horror) stack, which will kill the horror by itself. As soon as the phase transition is to take place I move away from the raid and get dispelled to clear the plague.

On our 10 man kill sadly he reached 29 stacks, was kinda upset I didn't let it jump 1 more time just to get the achievement.

Thegreatme
02-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Am I right in saying that taking this approach results in the lich king hitting rather hard (as a result of the "each time it jumps, arthas gets more beefcake" part of the necrotic plague)?

yes. especially for 25 man. if LK gets above ~20 stacks of necrotic touch you are going to be running the risk of having your tank get 1 shot.

LogisticSaucer
02-12-2010, 09:55 AM
tank damage

Have you got any anecdotal evidence regarding the tank damage using the bounce strategy? Both MT and OT are similarly geared (mostly all 264 / 251). We plan on using 2x hpala and 1x rdruid so we've got significant HPS muscle. Should we expect difficulty keeping the tanks vertical on 10 man?

Casper7526
02-12-2010, 05:31 PM
No, with 2 pallies and a druid I HIGHLY doubt you'll have trouble keeping either of your tanks up, I mean if you push more then 30ish you might wanna have the tank start rotating cd's, but you prolly wouldn't even need that until 35 stacks

squats
02-12-2010, 06:57 PM
What we have done is have arthas and the shambling horrors tanked ~10 yards away from each other. We have a Prot pally tanking arthas and a warrior on the horrors. The warrior keeps only ONE ghoul at a time near him. The necrotic plague doesnt do as much damage but is still able to bounce between the ghoul and the horror. Doing this will decrease tank damage by a lot but still does enough damage to kill the shambling horrors on its own with no player assistance.

Its important to anticipate when the ghoul will die so you can get another and keep the plague off your tank.

LogisticSaucer
02-15-2010, 09:04 AM
We ended up having me tank the adds with a DK (frost) on Arthas. Tank damage was absolutely manageable. The disease really starts to shred the adds towards the end of the fight.