PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury - Advice Requested

Wrosh
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
First of all: I am not making this thread for myself but for a guildie that has asked me for assistance. I'd like a quick glance to see if I'm not forgetting anything.

As he only joined the guild this week I have currently only got one combat log parse (tonight's not up yet) on top of his armory to provide. He was however smart enough to ask for help after being blown out of the water twice. :p

I have not yet checked the log or run him through Landsoul's, those are my next steps.

Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Invited) and Combat Log Parse (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mr3jgzu2a42jnvtw/details/26/)

For comparison here is my own Armory link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Wrosh) and Combat Log Parse (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mr3jgzu2a42jnvtw/details/13/)

Enchants.
Besides the Cloak and Boots enchants it looks solid to me, will doublecheck his Haste and Agi SEP's in Landsouls to be sure.

Gemming.
Wrong meta and too much blue gems.

Spec.
No TM and no Heroic Fury, else it appears to be good. Having him spec out of Rampage is no option as we don't have enough coverage for that. (Fury/Feral wise)

Glyphs.
Cleaving instead of another boss-glyph like Execution/Rending. (Which is currently better? Landsoul is currently running with Rending and EJ appears to agree that's better but TGM's guide is still listing Execution in the main post)

Itemization.
He has too much Exp, is quite high above the Yellow-hitcap and is not wearing his ICC-exalted ring for some stupid reason. I'll make sure to check what alternative gear he has lying around as I very much doubt this is his ultimate wardrobe.
Example: He is 54 Exp above the cap and is wearing the Skeleton Lord's Circle which has 52 Exp, on top of that he is ICC-Exalted.

Strength/Armor Penetration.
The way he has done it at the moment makes no sense to me and I can't discover any logic behind it. As I know he is using Rawr for his itemization calculations I asume he is following it blindly which explains the odd gemming patterns.
Example: His newest upgrade (Bracers) threw him 55 ArP above the Soft Cap; hence it is gemmed with Strength. I'll assume that his old bracers had no ArP.
Example: His upgrade before that (Shoulders) put him 1 above the Soft Cap; hence the 34 ArP JC gem but combined with a Str/Stam gem.
When I know his full wardrobe I can run him through Landsoul's and see whether he should still be SoftCapped or push to the Hard Cap, my gut feeling tells me it's a Hard Cap case but his other trinket is still the old DM:C Greatness.

Rotation.
After a very quick glance through the log (specifically: the BQL wipes) the following things struck me.
* #1 Damage being White Swings => He's not using HS as often as he should be
* 3.5% Cleave Damage on Lanathel => He seems to be mixing up his keybinds, we didn't have even close to that much mind controls to make that percentage logical.
* 98 total Slams => He's not Slamming enough considering mine are at 118 for the same time whilst using a slower weapon. (I don't clip WW/BT CD's for it)

To sum it up it seems I have unknowingly accepted a big task. :p

gabbu
02-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Enchants.
Besides the Cloak and Boots enchants it looks solid to me, will doublecheck his Haste and Agi SEP's in Landsouls to be sure.

Those enchants are fine as of now, once he gets a bit more gear is when he should swap them out.

Gemming.
Wrong meta and too much blue gems.

Very good catch, he should change this immediately since he already has a +10 stats gem.

Spec.
No TM and no Heroic Fury, else it appears to be good. Having him spec out of Rampage is no option as we don't have enough coverage for that. (Fury/Feral wise)

TM is needed for shatters, heroic fury is situational but helpful

Glyphs.
Cleaving instead of another boss-glyph like Execution/Rending. (Which is currently better? Landsoul is currently running with Rending and EJ appears to agree that's better but TGM's guide is still listing Execution in the main post)

I am confused, rending is not optimal or even use of rend is not optimal as fury. Also at this gear level HS should hit as much as execute (you should check that in parses) so you can continue your normal rotation than changing it sub 20%

Itemization.
He has too much Exp, is quite high above the Yellow-hitcap and is not wearing his ICC-exalted ring for some stupid reason.

Absolutely correct, also fury warriors are pretty much stuck with agility rings as the strength itemization is not very good for us. He should wear his ICC exalted ring and should replace his ilvl 264 ring with some ArP ring, heck even ilvl 245 agi ring is better than that atm for him. Also changing his hands to Gatecrasher Gauntlest will drop a good chunk of his hit.

Strength/Armor Penetration.

HE should go the ArP hardcap route, drop NES for DMC: G for now till he gets better trinkets.

Rotation.

His rotation seems a bit ODD, nothing a couple of hours at dummy can not fix. He should really not be delaying BT or WW.

Good luck on bringing him up, its seems tough now but if he gets good result you will be the most happy person.

Wrosh
02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback. You were right indeed about the Cloak Enchant, the Haste/Agi SEP thing doesn't change in Haste's favor until a bit later on.
Have just been talking it through with him and he's appreciating the input and from what I see it has results. :)