PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Noob pally tank need input!!

Holynemesis
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I have recently started building a tank set after playing a healer. I need input on my gear, talents etc.. here is my armoury. Any input is welcome good or bad thanks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thrall&cn=Holynemesis&gn=Rise+to+Honor

LyricLover
02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
It's not easy at first, but try for 535 def rating for heriocs, 540+ for raids. Also, I'd work on getting hit capped (8%).

As for gear, you might farm for a better trinket (replace BBC), one with stam and stats you can use to improve ur tanking. Waist equipped is pvp.

I'm no expert, but that will definitely help.

Harmacy
02-11-2010, 10:38 PM
(you're saved in holy gear, so I'm going by your saved wow-heroes gear setup)

There is a tank belt in regular ToC 5 man, I'd recommend you go get that - it will make it much easier to reach 540 (or 535 like the previous poster stated). Reaching the defense minimum is your #1 priority as a tank.

I wouldn't aim for the hit cap - it's nice but not crucial. Expertise is a better threat stat until you hit 26 (which is pretty easy as a pally).

Brewfest trinkets aren't bad. You could get the Triumph armor trinket to replace it, but I wouldn't say it's your most crucial upgrade - I would get the tank helm next (the 245 one).

Your necklace is OK, but because you're struggling for defense I would suggest farming the seasonal boss in SFK for that one (it's identical to the 226 one from conquest badges iirc).

I would also enchant your cloak and shield with defense, should help a bit with reaching the defense minimum.

For some reason the armory won't let me look at your spec and glyphs, so I can't tell you if those are correct or not.

edit: do you know the rotation? if you don't know 96969, I'd recommend reading up about it on Maintankadin