PDA

View Full Version : Warrior 10 Man Tank, looking for any tips

Diadem
02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I have been doing my reading and I believe what I have geared up to now should be pretty solid, but a quick sanity check wouldn't hurt either!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&cn=Deadem

Anyone see anything glaring (besides my crappy Black Heart trinket)? I have been going after big upgrades instead of tier gear so far with Frost badges, and thus have selected the trinket, belt and cloak. I think at this point I will be going after the helm next.

GŁth
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Black Heart isn't such a bad trinket really, because of the relatively high up-time on the proc.

Other than obvious gear upgrades (Frost offset > 232 T9) and what comes with them (obviously higher armor / stats) the only thing I would suggest would be to change the +20 expertise gems to +10 expertise / 15 stam and then eat expertise/stam food, but that's more of a personal opinion than a requirement as you should be fine for a 10man either way.

Harmacy
02-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Nothing wrong with Black Heart. Personally I prefer Glyph of Indomitability (switching it out for Brewfest for fights with heavy magic damage), but I think you have a more crucial upgrade with your Triumph emblems first. I'd get the triumph badge helm (the 245 one) to replace your crappy shield block helm. Block rating isn't particularly good for tanking raid bosses, whereas the dodge (and everything else - stam, strength, expertise, armor) will help you quite a bit. The 245 helm is fantastic, and since you're hurting for expertise I'd say you shouldn't go for the tier one next. I'd get the 264 non-tier chestpiece next - lots of armor, lots of stamina, lots of expertise.

Only other issue I see is the lack of a cloak enchant. I'd get armor personally, although the agility would help a tad with threat if you need it.

Diadem
02-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Wow, I cant believe I missed that helm, thanks for the tip! I just got the cloak when I posted, it enchanted now. Glad I posted, it always helps to have someone else go over your toon and look for stuff you missed.