PDA

View Full Version : Tanked HTOC no wipes. Whats next?

Jugger
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I tanked HTOC with no issues and wondering what I should be doing beyond HTOC. 10 man?

Swidtter
02-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Trial of the Grand Crusader is a bit of a joke in my opinion :) maybe do some Ulduar HMs or something more fun as Yogg+0, LOLgalon, you know

Ideally you can just go ICC :) and kill the LK and unluck ICC heroic, and then work on some bosses in there xD

Soliluna
02-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Stepping backwards in content, is not getting more difficult. Difficulty is in gear, difficult encounters are made difficult because of the stresses of trying to beat enrage timers - do enough damage in a certain amount of time, keep the tank up without running out of mana, the tank keeping himself up with his gear by being able to survive boss special abilities with a suitable/relevant amount of hp left.

While TOGC is easy to tank/dps/heal now as the content has passed, fights in ICC will be much more fun and challenging for him. Algalon and YS+0 are easy fights, as soon as you know the tactics that's all it is. His gear will not trouble him at all.

Shortypop
02-12-2010, 04:34 AM
err, am I the only one who reads this as having tanked heroic 5man ToC? And therefore asking where next - that depends on if you want to raid. Have you tried the 3.3 heroic/normal dungeons - Pit of Saron etc. In terms of 10mans, it depends on your general raiding experience, guild plans, pug ethos on your server. If you link your armory and confirm exactly what you mean I am sure someone will be able to help.

woodyman
02-12-2010, 04:49 AM
yeh i assumed it ment 5man too. personally from there id go tank fos hc then pos hc then hor hc
as for ten mans VOA is a good starting point if u know the tacts

Swidtter
02-12-2010, 05:11 AM
Stepping backwards in content, is not getting more difficult. Difficulty is in gear, difficult encounters are made difficult because of the stresses of trying to beat enrage timers - do enough damage in a certain amount of time, keep the tank up without running out of mana, the tank keeping himself up with his gear by being able to survive boss special abilities with a suitable/relevant amount of hp left.

While TOGC is easy to tank/dps/heal now as the content has passed, fights in ICC will be much more fun and challenging for him. Algalon and YS+0 are easy fights, as soon as you know the tactics that's all it is. His gear will not trouble him at all.

Tbh, fights in Ulduar are harder in tactics than in ToC, and yes i would say step back, if the person haven't done ulduar
experience and knowing mechanics over gear at all times, and so what if you out gear LOLduar? you will still be challenged a LOT if you have yet to do it :)
and for ICC, well the tanking does not get more fun xD Just a little more "tricky"

Soliluna
02-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I disagree, I do not find tactics difficult in the slightest. Therefore old content, is easy content.

Jugger
03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
No I was referring to 10 man TOC. I can tank all H's easily. I am working with Guild to get thru ICC 10. Now I face a challenge and know this is where I should be. We get so close to beating the first boss but someone always screws up in the end and everyone wipes right before he is defeated. I assume by this means I have found my challenge spot.