PDA

View Full Version : (25) Valithria Problem

Angur
02-10-2010, 09:21 PM
As a raid team we can last about 7mins into the fight before we get over-run and wipe. The problem is were getting Valithria to about 75% at about 7mins. This obviously isn't good enough.

We know we need to work better on the stacks with the healers. We have 6 for the encounter. We usually have 1 Paladin + 1 Resto Shammy to go into the Emerald Dream and they get about 30 stacks before we pop a blood lust.

Do we need to have more people to go into the Emerald Dream? Do we need more healers for the encounter?

I have also heard that we should only take 1 Holy Paladin + Mage to get the Green stacks.

Bitterst
02-10-2010, 10:03 PM
With our setup we have been running 7 healers (1 Paladin, 1 Shaman, 1 Druid, 2 Disc Priests, 2 Holy Priests) and have been having the Paladin, Shaman, Druid, and 1 Holy Priest take every portal.

Last week we had no problems with this encounter, but this week was a bit laggy until we have everyone destroy their Lovely Charm Collector's Kits after which we killed it in 1 pull. Prior to that we were hitting around 7:30 at 80% and getting overrun when we had 5 healers taking portals and just leaving the 2 Disc Priests out to raid heal. With the 3rd healer centered outside we gained a much more stable composition and the healers were having no problem building 25+ stacks due to less competition (having everyone meet up before circling didn't work out for our healers, as one late person slowed down the whole group considerably).

Bloodlusting later in the fight is definitely better because healing with 30+ stacks will always be better than healing with 20+ stacks, and it also benefits the DPS outside for controlling the ever increasing add spawns. On our kill it was very clean, and a Earthbind Totem/Frost Trap at each of the 4 gate entrances considerably increased our healing output by never allowing any Suppressors any healing debuff channeling time.

Angur
02-10-2010, 10:37 PM
We switched up our raid a little bit and got another healer in our raids. We ran with 2 tanks, 7 Healers and the rest DPS split evenly between the two sides. We were about 6mins 33seconds at 91%. We fixed our problem we just need to "Rescue" her now.

Shortypop
02-11-2010, 01:06 AM
I haven't done this fight on 25man, but two things to consider
- which healers benefit the most from the emerald dream, I know our holy pally on 10man said he reckoned it didn't really help him that much -guessing the mana regen part.
- if you are not using all your portals for healers you can have DPS take them, upping dps on adds should mean less raid damage therefore more "dragon-healing".

Bitterst
02-11-2010, 02:56 AM
I haven't done this fight on 25man, but two things to consider
- which healers benefit the most from the emerald dream, I know our holy pally on 10man said he reckoned it didn't really help him that much.

This I'd have to strongly disagree with. Even in 10 man, our Holy Paladin ended the fight near 17,000 HPS and is usually around 28,000 in 25 man. Holy Paladins benefit more than any other class due to Holy Light spamming with Beacon and Glyph of Holy Light. In 25 man last night, near then end I got a Glyph of Holy Light tick for over 70,000. Checking some of the top WoL healing reports for that fight, I saw a ridiculous:

[21:36:27.104] Blackphantom (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zy4f2saji2nw4s2k/details/5/?s=5127&e=5535) Glyph of Holy Light (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zy4f2saji2nw4s2k/spell/54968/?s=5127&e=5535) Valithria Dreamwalker (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zy4f2saji2nw4s2k/details/196/?s=5127&e=5535) +141613

That's just obscene =p

swelt
02-11-2010, 04:44 AM
The things that got us from a similar situation to a kill in 25 man:
- Get your dream team to tell you how they are doing with the stacking buff. Making sure that people are timing their cloud buffs correctly in order to keep the buff stacking up and up is key, otherwise it's almost a waste of time going in at all
- Get your dps and tanks to focus on taking minimum damage and being efficient in their target selection. Any effort spent healing the raid because you killed a blazing skeleton to slowly or because you stood near a zombie explosion or because a mage did a frost nova could have been spent healing the boss. Clear communication helps.