PDA

View Full Version : Druid Armor or HP?

Dracunis
02-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Hello there,

I have looked around a bit about tanking as a druid in ICC but one thing still confuses me a bit, I think it might just be a personal gear thing though: What is the largest type of dmg that tanks should see from bosses? Reason I ask this is cause right now I am sitting at just over 56k hp fully raid buffed, but I am using double stam trinkets, I have the dire brew trinket (170 stam) but I was thinking about trading it out for Glyph of Indomitability (1792 armor) but I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea.

I still have 3 big upgrades I need from ICC that would easily put me at another 3k hp but as of right now with only 56k buffed would it be a good idea to trade it out?

WiiMote
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Hello there,

I have looked around a bit about tanking as a druid in ICC but one thing still confuses me a bit, I think it might just be a personal gear thing though: What is the largest type of dmg that tanks should see from bosses? Reason I ask this is cause right now I am sitting at just over 56k hp fully raid buffed, but I am using double stam trinkets, I have the dire brew trinket (170 stam) but I was thinking about trading it out for Glyph of Indomitability (1792 armor) but I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea.

I still have 3 big upgrades I need from ICC that would easily put me at another 3k hp but as of right now with only 56k buffed would it be a good idea to trade it out?

The Glyph of Indomitability is an excellent trinket, but it's dependent on your armor to health ratio. Plug the numbers you have into an effective health calculator, and find out if the glyph is better for you when buffed. I highly doubt it's as good as the brewfest trinket when you aren't.

It's a good idea to keep both, though. Armor doesn't affect magical damage, so if you're going up to a boss that doesn't do much physical damage, it's best to take the stamina trinket. I'm not positive, but I believe that Marrogar's cleaves count as magical damage (like Korolon), so it would be best for an off tank to take the stamina.

Dreadski
02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Brewfest trinkets are generally trash, all it is is stamina. With other such as Black Heart or Satrina's, you're getting a proc or on-use. Go for the Glyph, because the high armor combined with the 2 minute dodge CD is very nice. You've got plenty of health as it is from what I can gather from your post (45-46k unbuffed?) Go for it, 50 badges well spent.

Dracunis
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
When i am full raid buffed and i have 5 stacks of my idol i sit at around 32-34k armor... that is why i was wondering if the almost 2k armor boost would be better than the 2k hp i get from the brew trinket. If most of the damage i take from being an off tank (i am the second tank) is magic would it be better just to stack the stam then the 2k armor?

Granted i am missing 3 really big upgrades for my set that would def mean i need to get that trinket, tonight is my ICC25 raid and debating on buying it and equipping it for the entire night.

felhoof
02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Depends on the fight. On some fights armor will be king. On others it'll be stamina. On others threat, and rarely avoidance.

A good tank has a lot of trinkets in their bags and swaps them out as needed. Bears are no different. For generic fights I tend to go with juggs and heart of iron or juggs and the expertise trinket whose name escapes me, but really - just swap them. Gear isn't static, it's fluid.

Dreadski
02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Like I said you should weigh the full benefits of each trinket. Brewfest ONLY gives stamina. There's no useful PVE proc or on-use.

acuraintdohc
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
No useful PvE? What about the amazing moral boost to your raid of having the Maiden at your side :-) Anyways, I agree with the above. Armor is nice, but stam is always a plus. The use is like 7-8% dodge? I believe which is decent but I have been saved by having 1k hp extra a few times so it is very fight dependant.

colyellian
02-14-2010, 06:59 AM
yea i would trade the trinket for the triump trinket or just farm pos heroic for the dodge trinket,

drae
02-14-2010, 01:31 PM
For physical fights ala Festergut Glyph will win every-time. For fights like Toravon in VoA (all ice damage) HP's is better because armor doesn't effect elemental / spell damage. Like Draedor mentions, the glyph also has an "on-use" which easily pushes it past the brewfest for most fights.