PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior tanking advice.

Crush
02-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi all. My first post here, as I finally signed up, but have used your site religiously for quite some time now. Thanks for all the hard work ya'll put into this.

On another note, I'm looking for a little advice.

I'm main spec Fury, but have had to go back to tanking for some guild ICC 10 runs. I noticed last night that I seemed to be a little squishy, or at least more then I'd like to be. That said, I was wondering if any of you would recommend any respeccing, reglyphing, etc. in order to combat this. I've been using the relative cookie cutter 15/5/51 build, and am known to be somewhat of a threat monger as I tend to average around 10k TPS on boss fights. I don't really want to lose too many threat abilities, but would like to toughen myself up a bit. Thanks all.

My armory can be found here:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Whisperwind&cn=Crushurface

P.S.- I'm using my emblems for dps gear so my options for tank gearing are based solely on drops.

MrMooky
02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Imp Revenge is something you can drop at this point as Dev is apparently hitting harder. You can free up those 2 points and throw them into shield spec. Most prot warriors are dropping revenge out of their rotation entirely.

Powertaco
02-11-2010, 04:13 AM
I noticed last night that I seemed to be a little squishy, or at least more then I'd like to be.

Any specific examples, or just in general?

Zyler_Ysera
02-11-2010, 10:52 AM
For some quick changes, you could use the armor enchants on your cloak and gloves, and the stamina enchants on your shoulder and shield. You could also drop points from Cruelty and Imp Revenge and get 5/5 Shield Spec and 2/2 Imp Disciplines. Cruelty isn't a very strong talent choice for Prot Warriors, and the Devastate changes make Imp Revenge unnecessary. Finally, you could swap the Sunder glyph for the Shield Wall glyph. A few more blocks and shorter CD on shield wall might help with the squishiness.