PDA

View Full Version : Festergut advice (WoL included)

Mithar
02-10-2010, 05:22 AM
I am the raid leader for my guild that is currently struggling on Festergut in 25 man. We take care of him without issue on 10 mans, but 25 the best we managed last night was 15% when he enraged. I know we have several DPS who are not pulling their weight, and as a guild we have taken to posting links and threads to try to get people to focus on their characters and improve themselves.

The way I set things up is 3 groups, Melee/healers under Festergut and two groups of 5 range/healers to the sides and it forms a sort of triangle. We did have some issues with spores, and even on our best attempt we had 1 very early death to one of our better dps, and halfway through another went down. So there are things we can clean up. Though from a DPS persepective we just aren't hitting it.

Any advice and thoughts that can be given would be greatly appreciated. We did improve greatly over our attempts 2 weeks ago so I am happy for that. I make sure every week we clear as much in 10/25 ICC and then ToC to maximize our gear intake.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/34yl3qeqo45plvsu/

Skaggi
02-10-2010, 06:33 AM
It's interesting, that everybodies DPS seems to go down during heroism instead of going up.

Slow battlerezzes. Why are dead DDs brought back a minute or two after dieing instead of 'instantly'? Were they rebuffed?

People keep dieing to pungent blight and you have to fix that. Either let them use cooldowns if available or call out for shields / external cooldowns.

Can't analyze any further at the moment. Work's calling. Nevertheless I think fixing those issues can push you in kill range already.

Cheers!
skaggi

Shortypop
02-10-2010, 06:51 AM
To me it looks as if you have too many people stunned to Vile Gas, you need ranged to be spread most of the time so that only the minimum number of people are hit by it (which is three), at times it appears as if even melee are getting it? Safest to check on minimum number of people at range that you need and then get them to spread out a bit, pretty sure 10 at range is overkill.

Mithar
02-10-2010, 07:33 AM
I was under the impression that 10 people was the minimum needed to make sure the melee were not getting Vile Gas. We did have an issue with multiple because for some reason people decided not to watch their range tracker. I had to take time between an attempt to stress it.

As for the battle resses, two of our 3 druid healers are raid healers keeping them busy and we had a lot of issues with those 2 trees getting vile gas. I can fix this if the minimum at range is less then 10.

We do have a few issues to fix, making sure everyone gets the spores and spreads out after the spores, but that is easier to fix then the lack of DPS.

Muroku
02-10-2010, 08:01 AM
How we do it in my raid:

Only 7 ranged are needed to not get Vile gas in the melee. I use 5 heals/2 tanks/19 dps. 2 tank healers stay inside, and the 3 Aoe healers are in the back. We have all our ranged collapse on a Single healer (Shaman) in the middle of the semicircle they form around him. We generally have 2-3 hunters/a mage or 2/priest/druidx2 on the outside and we mark the shaman where they always run to.

DPS just cant die, period. The enrage timer is too tight. Stay spread 12 yards apart at ranged.

**I use 8 Ranged for a failsafe in case someone goes down early.

Mithar
02-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah after some more research I am going to move 2 DPS and have 8 players at ranged. Appreciate all the feedback, anything seen that we can do to actually increase the DPS. I know a decent amount about most classes but I am by far no expert, so if anyone sees something with a DPS rotation that would be great.

fr0d0b0ls0n
02-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Seems that you don't have all the raid buffs on a fast check:

-No balance/ele shaman. You lose crit on all casters.
-No +4% physical damage.
-No Scorch or similar (all your warlocks are destro and you mages arcane), you lose another 5% spell crit.
-No +30% bleeding damage (minimal damage with that raid anyway)
-No totem of Wrath of Warlock Demo, you lose spell power.

That's a pretty bad raid composition. Start fixing that before going into personal dps.

Musclebound
02-11-2010, 04:21 PM
After just a quick glance, it seems like the same people are dying early each time. It almost all your attempts, Brezzy, Frodio or Navana died very early in the fight. You may want to take these 3 aside and see what you can do to help them improve their survivability. Of course if other people aren't managing spores there might not be much they can do. Just a thought.

*edit* just realized that Brezzy is one of your tanks. If a tank is dropping that early in the encounter you have a healing problem that needs to be dealt with.Festergut hits hard, but not that hard, not until he inhales a couple times.
*edit 2* I analyzed Brezzy's death a little more closely, and it looks like your healers are not able to focus enough healing on him to keep him up. He's going 4-5 seconds without any heals at all and it seems like a lot of the heals he's getting are small. From what I can tell he's not using his defensive cooldowns at all, I haven't seen a single shield wall or last stand in any of the logs. He's also choosing to use some weird spells, such as cleave and rend. Why cleave on a single target fight and why is he using rend at all? That's off topic though.

Posolutely
02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Your paladin's both have beacon problems, it's only up for less than 80% of the time. It should always be on the current tank and they should be tossing heals to whomever needs it in raid.

It almost seems as though some of your ranged are spread out TOO far. With two druids healing the ranged (shammy can probably handle the melee himself) all the ranged should be in range of Wild Growth if the druid casts it on himself. That + rejuv's should keep the ranged up.

Have them spread in a T two sets of four, like this:
---O
---|
O--O--O
---|
fester

You have people going down early from not getting heals. It's tough to say why this is happening, but it definitely shouldn't.

You also have people going down from 20k+ blights, which means they aren't getting 3 stacks of innoculated. That is by FAR the most important aspect of the fight. It looks like melee people are the ones going down so if they aren't, make sure everyone in melee is standing INSIDE his hitbox. Tiny little red circle.

Imoh
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Seems that you don't have all the raid buffs on a fast check:

-No balance/ele shaman. You lose crit on all casters.
-No +4% physical damage.
-No Scorch or similar (all your warlocks are destro and you mages arcane), you lose another 5% spell crit.
-No +30% bleeding damage (minimal damage with that raid anyway)
-No totem of Wrath of Warlock Demo, you lose spell power.

That's a pretty bad raid composition. Start fixing that before going into personal dps.

Pretty much this, have one of your locks go DP/ISB to pick up the 5% crit and the spell power buff, and bring in a boomkin or ele shaman for the extra 5% crit too.

This will help your healers and increase dps, it's silly not to have those buffs/debuffs.

Onyxstar
02-15-2010, 10:45 AM
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/arc.aspx

Get yourself this addon.

As stated above 7 is the minimum number of ranged- and also, we do like the poster above and use 8. (depending on the number of ranged and healers, we usually stick one healer out here).

Our shadowpriest uses dispersion.

From somewhere on tankspot:

Damage reduction cooldowns do work on Pungent Blight, as has been noted. Going with the above, that you'll likely have a Paladin healer for this fight, Divine Sacrifice+Divine Guardian makes an invaluable cooldown for this fight. I was able to time my Divine Sacrifice directly before Aura Mastery in each case to mitigate a good amount of damage. One of them was bubbled and kept the party div-sac effect, and the other two used the following macro hit twice:

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice

The end result was that when someone screwed up and a few people only got 2 stacks of Inoculated, even those with no damage reduction cooldowns survived with HP to spare, and it's looking like a Holy Paladin will be the key to getting the Flu Shot Shortage achievement on 25.

Cooldowns ended up being timed like this (and can be used the same way in 10 man from a Holy Paladin):

- Gas enters room
- Divine Sacrifice (hit+cancel)
- Aura Mastery 6 seconds later
- Pungent Blight #1 starts casting
- Divine Sacrifice (hit+cancel)
- Aura Mastery right as Pungent Blight finishes its cast
- Pungent Blight #2 starts casting
- Divine Shield + Divine Sacrifice
- Aura Mastery right as Pungent Blight finishes its cast

This should pretty much guarantee no deaths.

Also to note, Shadow Priests should never have to get Inoculated, and therefore make an excellent choice of someone to put at range. The only reason they need to clump up is if they get a spore that the ranged group requires. Dispersion covers enough of the damage that they will be at 0 risk if it's cast during Pungent Blight.

We have a holy pally - she spec'd into aura mastery for this fight. If you are using a pally tank, with the trick above, and a holy pally with this trick, you may try using 5 healers. 5 healers give you another pure dps- that may get you closer. This was how we did our first kill. After that, we went ahead with 6 healers - two ranged groups- each with an anchor. The shadow priest would only move in if he had the spore.

You need to adjust your raid comp to maximize buffs (the addon above will show you what you're working with)- and we usually have our DKs pop army right before the 3rd inhale of the 2nd blight, and pop hero once the spores pop. (army gets buff then too) Other things to note- haste potions/wild magic - is your raid using them?

Best of Luck!