PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior AOE tips

Korbandallas
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Ok this isn't the standard how do I AOE tank question but more specifically to the FoS, PoS and HoR instances. For example in FOS, the second multiple mob group are on the ramp, formed in a star formation with two casters in the back. My usual start on that group is charge, TC, hit one caster with a HT which silences him forcing him to come to me. That leaves the last caster out of my range. Now that isn't so bad but the HT cooldown is longer than it takes me to get to the next mob and so on.

IMO, I think the new instances were a way for Blizz to bring back CC, however, most PUGs want to blow through these runs in 20 minutes or less and they argue that CC just wastes time (although when I do guild runs we CC and yes it takes longer but its a lot easier on me and the healer). Now I know Pallys and DKs have less issue with this and was wondering what tips if any there are that will help with it?

Thanks in advance

Posolutely
02-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Instead of leaving one unattended, why not kill that one first?

Charge, TC, HT, SW... intercept the one you didn't get (which is marked as skull) and taunt/shieldslam and go to town.

That's what I do, at least...

Frusty
02-09-2010, 12:01 PM
On my warrior tank the way i do these pulls varies depending on how many casters there are. (first off most off my HT, Charge, intercept and intervene are all mouse over macros) If there are 2... i target one, then put the other one on focus. I charge into the first caster and use my HT mouse over on the caster that is on focus, that puts me at one caster and pulls the other to myself. once they are grouped up its TC Shockwave, ect for aoe tanking. On the 3 caster pulls it gets a bit more tricky, this is where telling your dps not to go in before you got them all is important. for explanation im guna number them, 1 is the closest, 2 is the second closest and 3 is the farthest away. I target 1, set 2 on focus and put a skull on 3. I tell the group to attack the skull when i get them all together. So 1 gets charged and i wait for it to cast then i shield bash it, then i mouse over 3 and intercept that one, now im at the skull and 1 is comeing to me because he is silenced, at that moment i mouse over 2 and HT it, now im at caster 3, caster 1 is close and caster 2 is on his way, wait a seccound then its aoe tanking and dps can open up on caster 3 with the skull. Some times i alternate it up, charge and shield bash 1, HT 2 ( the focus target) and then intercept caster 3, dose the same thing.

Reason for the mouse over macros is so i can switch up my charge/intervene targets with out having to click them waisting more time, the focus target and mouse over HT work well together.

I would suggest trying this with a guild run first so you can get the sequence down, and can have back up from players you know if something goes wrong

Korbandallas
02-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Frusty , thanks. I will definitely try that. Thank you.