PDA

View Full Version : DPS Unholy dk need help

Spart4n
02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Hey I'm just wondering how does my gear and spec look i have 5316 gs and it seems like retadins and other classes with much lower gear seem to be out dpsing me. I pull 5-6k in 10 mans 6-7k in 25s but for my gear it just seems like i could be pulling more thanks for the advice if I could have any.

Character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Zarcyon

oh and btw if youre wondering my rotation is
IT PS BS BS ScS RPDUMP WITH DC
ScS ScS ScS rp dump between ScS.

PatrikL
02-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Its hard to say whats a good number without knowing the buffs you have but here is what I would do:

1. Change to the following spec 17/0/54 (http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=6&tal=2305020500000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000002302003350032152000150003133151) (same distribution among trees but different talents).

2. Change your rotation to: IT - PS - BS - SS - BS - RP dump - HoW - SS - BS - SS - BS - RP dump. Dont dump if runes comes back to allow you to continue your rotation but if you manage to find yourself in fire with AMS up you can spam DC away (I think but not 100% sure since I have only tried this a few times and havent done the math on it).

3. Change the gems:
- Shoulders, cloak, chest and belt to pure strength ones.
- Helm to Chaotic skyflare diamond and a strength/crit gem
- Legs one pure strength and one strength/crit

The resons for dropping down in expertise and armor penetration is that while they are good for you no doubt both strength and crit are better per point.

4. Your hit rating is very high so a big part of the benefit from your Mark of Supremacy is lost. I would imagine quite a few other trinkets are better but I cant think of a good example right now.

5. Maybe a bigger thing to do but your professions arent exactly the best ones for your class. Blacksmithing, JC or Enchanting are prob the best ones. Replacing herbalism would be a pure upgrade but Inscription is probably not too bad.

I should mention that I am a main spec tank so I dont keep up to date with dps changes always but I think these things are still valid

Edit: Tried the changes out in rawr and while it might not be 100% accurate the changes would theoretically increase your dps by about 400 - 500.

Higante
02-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Also, from what it seems like, 4pt9 is great for Unholy Dk's. I use it all the time and i feel as if i am pretty good with my dps and i think you are lying about yours. Your crit and str are lower then mine and yes you can pump out more dps then me, esp with the wrong spec? I know group comp is ideal but it sounds fishy, That aside, switch the spec and gem properly.

Get the mirror of truth if need be, Pick up 4pt9, and gem for STR. you should see an increase then.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Archimonde&name=higante there for a reference to spec and gear. (Critique mine too :D)

Spart4n
02-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Higante
Also, from what it seems like, 4pt9 is great for Unholy Dk's. I use it all the time and i feel as if i am pretty good with my dps and i think you are lying about yours. Your crit and str are lower then mine and yes you can pump out more dps then me, esp with the wrong spec? I know group comp is ideal but it sounds fishy, That aside, switch the spec and gem properly.

thanks for the advice but one thing i wish i had a chart for 25 voa when i was pulling 7.5k.
and i don't see and upgrade going for the 4set when i have better gear in slots

Higante
02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
unless its like ilvl 260+ gear or something, the benefit of the set bonus is what makes it so gear. On Saurfang i was doing 8k dps last night with my blood plague in second place. So it really does help.

Higante
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
After looking at your gear to be more percise, you are wearing things that you say are better that are on an equal gear lvl like your gloves? Your chest and shoulders are 245 while set is 232. So the downgrade is a little but the benefit outweighs it. Now on top of this you NEED to take out those gems and replace the mark with the mirror until you can get something else.

Edit:If your hit is STILL too high, which it will be you can replace some rings that do not have hit. When you go over the hit cap you are just loosing stats and that is terrible for ya. You should be at 8% alone, but you can also get +hit from a draeni if you need it. Like me i just get in between 7% and 8% and that will get me to 8% so i can spend my stat points on crit/ArP.