PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Gearing

Onoris
02-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Okay so I haven't raided at all yet and I plan on learning to do so when my guild gets ready but I just wanted to see if there is anything wrong with my gear as of yet? I will be replacing my weapon and shield soon and I might throw 18 stam on the shield (unless 20def is better eh or there is another enchant better?) and when I do get my new cape throw armor on it since I'm way above the defense cap. Also It seems like I'm having a bit of a tough time keeping up with some of dps in heroics (although it has gotten easier after gearing up.) I do use omen while i tab through mobs to see if I am about to lose aggro and I do cleave, tc, and shockwave so is there really any more tricks to keep aoe aggro? Thanks for the help in advance

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&cn=Onoris
^ Armory link

Aji
02-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey!

The first thing I notice is that you have 566 defense rating. While that's not entirely bad, 540 is the cap! So you can easily replace the enchants you have on your shield and cloak.
You could also replace the defense/stam gem you have in your helm.
Other then that, I'm no real warrior expert. So I'll leave the rest for someone else.

Onoris
02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
The thing was I had most of my enchants done before i got my crafted chest and bracers. So they will be replaced i just figured since I'm at 41 frost emblems I'm getting a new cape which will be getting the armor enchant and the shield from HoR which will get the highest Stam enchant ( I think is 18?) unless someone else has suggestions on it.

Bung
02-09-2010, 12:30 PM
In terms of gemming. Most warrior tanks use pure stam gems and stam/expertise gems. Your expertise is a little low. I would change out all of your gems that are not stam or stam/exp, including your str gems. The glyphs to use are a matter of preference. I use cleave, block, sunder armor. These are great for add tanking. Spec looks great. Time to upgrade some gear. best of luck

Onoris
02-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Thank you :D, How much expertise do i need?

Deathsupply
02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
26 is the dodge cap, anything after that is still good though

Onoris
02-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Thank you. Thanks for all the help everyone I'll update when i finally get my upgrades and new gemmings to see if i'm still on track.