PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Single-target rotation, is this good?

Machoen
02-09-2010, 07:10 AM
hey there!

I need to push my tps at single target bosses and wonder if this might be a good rotation for it:

Devastate - Spam Heroic Strike - Devastate (SS at anytime I can use it of course.)

Would I improve my tps alot if I used 2set bonus of t10 aswell? And what about Glyph of Blocking?

Thanks in advance!

Mitigation
02-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Devastate and Heroic Strike are going to be spammed together because they work on two separate mechanics. Devastate is on your GCD where as Heroic Strike is on your next swing timer.

As for what abilities you should be using, Shield Slam is still our overall highest threat ability and is greatly improved by our T10, which all Warriors should be going for the 4pc now thanks to the recent armor buffs to the chest and gloves

The only real question is at this point is whether revenge is still worthy of a GCD thanks to the recent 20% Devastate buff. Untalented, which I don't place the two points in for my progression spec, it appears to fall behind. But I wasn't specifically trying to test anything in our most recent raid.

The rotation/priority list pre-3.3 was:

SS->Revenge->Conc Blow->Shockwave->Devastate->Repeat while rolling HS.

The new rotation is probably going to make it: SS->Revenge(Possibly, but only if talented and you have a fast weapon)->Devastate spam->Repeat while rolling HS.

Machoen
02-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Would Glyph of Blocking improve my tps aswell?

Machoen
02-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Would Glyph of Blocking improve my tps aswell?
Anyone that has any answer for this question or what?

Amaranthine
02-13-2010, 07:01 PM
It would help a little bit, but not hugely on TPS. I still use that glyph though, very much a fan of it :)

As far as what mitigation said i agree 100%, personally i'm sticking with SS->Revenge->Conc Blow->Shockwave->Devastate->Repeat while rolling HS until my TPS starts to suffer. But even post 3.3 I have not had any problems at all on threat.

Hope that helps!