PDA

View Full Version : Tanking I Needs Halp!

Rompa Stompa
02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I Play a Prot wat on the US server Aegwynn and I've been getting Hammered by the bosses in ICC, ToC was fine but now I'm having problems staying alive. If someone could go over my armory and tell me what im doing wrong gear wise that would be helpful.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aegwynn&cn=Stompa

zaubade
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
First of all.. Hello
welcome to tankspot
secondly please post a link to your armory page.. is most helpful. most people who would help you are to lazy to go find your page themselves...(I am including me in that group)
thirdly.. try to title your threads with a little more than.. Halp me...

I am not the best to give advise as far as warriors go so i will leave that to some of the more helpful in he war crowd

Merkava1
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
You have alot of avoidance gems and enchants. As you are well over the def cap, I would be gemming and enchanting for EH, not avoidance. Yes, more def/avoidance is useful, but if you are getting taken out it is more likely not enough EH rather than not enough avoidance. Avoidance is unreliable, unlike EH which always works.

As you are a JC, putting Solid Dragon's Eye in every slot you can afford to, bar one red to activate the meta, would make a huge difference to your health. (Otherwise Solid Majestic Zircon, if SDE are too expensive). Replace your avoidance enchants with either armour or health enchants. Maybe replace weapon enchant with either Blood Draining or Blade Ward.

I'm not upto ICC level yet, but just sticking to the mantra that EH>all.

PS: Not that it will make much difference to your survivability, but Iron Will is considerd pretty lame. The points are better spent in Improved Heroic Strike

Harmacy
02-09-2010, 03:08 AM
You have alot of avoidance gems and enchants. As you are well over the def cap, I would be gemming and enchanting for EH, not avoidance. Yes, more def/avoidance is useful, but if you are getting taken out it is more likely not enough EH rather than not enough avoidance. Avoidance is unreliable, unlike EH which always works.

As you are a JC, putting Solid Dragon's Eye in every slot you can afford to, bar one red to activate the meta, would make a huge difference to your health. (Otherwise Solid Majestic Zircon, if SDE are too expensive). Replace your avoidance enchants with either armour or health enchants. Maybe replace weapon enchant with either Blood Draining or Blade Ward.

I'm not upto ICC level yet, but just sticking to the mantra that EH>all.

PS: Not that it will make much difference to your survivability, but Iron Will is considerd pretty lame. The points are better spent in Improved Heroic Strike

He's already using his 3 Dragon's Eyes, can't use any more than that.

I know that Mongoose is far, far superior to Blade Ward for a Pally tank - I haven't read any theorycrafting on it for Warriors but I can't imagine there's a big enough class disparity to change that much. Blood Draining is a decent enchant though.

Agreed about enchanting/gemming for more EH. 577 defense is overkill, replace those defense enchants with stamina or armor. Also, the stupid horseshoe trinket is worthless. (the on-use is garbage, and stacking dodge isn't such a great idea in most circumstances) I'd work on more Triumph gear - start out with the non-tier helm (plenty of stam, avoidance, and nice expertise) and then get the armor trinket. I'd use your blue JC trinket in the meantime - sure it's blue, but it's hard to argue with lots of stamina and a halfway decent cooldown to pop.

I, too, don't see the use of Iron Will. Imp Heroic Strike seems to be a much more useful option (it would undoubtedly conserve more rage than the Revenge glyph does). One thing I see a lot of warriors doing is speccing/glyphing Shield Wall from 60% every 5 minutes to 40% every 2 minutes, making it a much more useful and versatile cooldown. I think this would help out with surviving stuff like Festergut.

But like I always tack on to these kinds of replies, I'm a pally tank (my warrior is currently level 71) so I may be wrong about the class-specific stuff.

Rompa Stompa
02-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Thank you, your advise has been very helpful. I've begun regeming and once the server come back up Ill work on get some badge gear. I just have one more question, I'm sure this one has been asked alot before but does anyone have some numbers on how EH and Avoidance are calculated to help me get a better idea of what to shoot for gear wise.