PDA

View Full Version : BQL Bite Mod Discussion!

Deadshane
02-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I have been testing a few mods for BQL Bite Assignment. I haven't found a great one yet, and I was wondering what some other peoples experiences with these mods are. I am interested in 25m BQL.

So far I have tried two.

The first is DocsUI_BitingForDummies (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15826-DocsUIBitingforDummies.html#info).
This mod does what it says it does, however, every single new attempt you do, you have to reload the full raid and reorganize the priority. It also does not filter out groups 6-8. The real killer is it does not seem to account for deaths. Granted, you really can't have many deaths, if any, but shit happens.

The second I have tried is Vamp (http://www.wowace.com/addons/vamp/).
It has persistent priority ordering, even through logout. It seems to account for deaths, although I've heard complaints. It can run melee -> melee, ranged -> ranged biting. It also sends an additional message to the person being bit. It has almost everything I would want, except that it has only been tested by the maker in 10m. In 25m, it fails hard because this extra whisper eventually forces WoW to ban you from any more whispering halfway through the fight. (too many actions!)

There is a third I have not yet tried, BloodQueen (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15850-BloodQueen.html), which I will be trying tonight. And I'm sure there are more out there I am not aware of. Anyone have good (or any) experiences with any mods created yet?

Also, i notice that all of these mods remove the mark from the person when its time for them to be bit... which is when you really need that mark.

-Deadshane, Raidlead of <Attica> (http://cattica.guildlaunch.com/index.php?sub_domain=cattica&gid=)

dr_AllCOM3
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
DocsUI_BitingForDummies (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15826-DocsUIBitingforDummies.html#info) can do melee -> melee, too.

swelt
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Testing bloodqueen at the moment, seems to work well.

gatorfan
02-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Testing bloodqueen at the moment, seems to work well.

Which one worked well? He had 3 different ones in the original post.

Shortypop
02-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Err, oldfashioned way of grid+raidstatusdebuffs :D First bite usually goes to the same person, announce in vent second person, 3rd and 4th are top DPS in two dps-heavy groups who havent been bitten (set groups up before time so top 4 dps are in separate groups), then it's up to each group to sort a system until 16 vampires, 4 in each group all bitten by people in their group.
G1: Gets Bite1, Bite4, Bite5*2
G2: Gets Bite2, Bite4, bite5*2
G3: Gets Bite3 (from G1), bite4, bite5*2
G4: Gets Bite3 (from G2), bite4, bite5*2

One healer/tank in each group doesn't get bitten as well as all of G5 - who can be used as an obvious spare if someone dies.

Kojiyama
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I tried both Docs and Vamp and preferred Vamp. Vamp does the melee -> ranged (or reverse) jump initially as a priority then matches ranged -> ranged, etc. after that point, which Docs cannot do. (It will stick melee -> melee, until it runs out of melee, for instance. Which is non-optimal.)

Vamp also does reassignments after deaths, which is handy--although deaths often mean a wipe, a late death may not, especially as you usually have 1-2 unbitten DPS in the final bite that can take the place temporarily. Either way, it avoids confusion while you sort a battle rez.

Wasn't really a fan of having to set up Docs all over again all the time and it not remembering stuff. It was nice to be able to hop into a 10-man and only have to set a different off-tank and not mess with anything.

Haven't tried Bloodqueen, which looks fairly interesting with the Recount prio... I'm not sure I would use it as I know which DPS I want to bite first anyhow, regardless of if they happen to have good or bad RNG at the start of the fight, although I have to admit it would probably be the 'easiest' way to do it. May try it next week to see. I can say Vamp did a good job for us this week in both 25-man and 10-man.

(Honestly, these mods aren't really needed in the 10-man version as there is little to manage and Ventrillo works fine. But for 25-man, I find these mods especially important--managing the final bite of 8 is just a nightmare over Vent or manually.)

swelt
02-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Which one worked well? He had 3 different ones in the original post.

Testing bloodqueen

o.O,
The way bloodqueen works is that you have one or two freeform text windows and can type names into there. Instead of typing, you can get it to pull a starter list from raid or guild, and you sort it by priority yourself (or by looking at recount/skada). I haven't tried the recount/skada priority but I don't think it would do it dynamically. So you make your melee/ranged pools or your one big pot. Last raid we had a smaller & weaker melee poule, so I went for the one big pot, but I much preferred it when it had 2 distinct priorities and could have melee biting melee.

What makes the addon worth considering is the marks and whispers. In a 25 man raid it can be quite tricky to find specific people. If it whispers the biter and the victim ahead of time, they can make that more likely to happen, and the marks make it easier to see who's who with so many bodies around. Our last night of attempts at BQL were screwed over by the valentines perfume bugs though, so still haven't gotten this (multiple 5% wipes with 1 person not being able to bite .. grrr)