PDA

View Full Version : Wondering how to get people to show

lethaias
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
So I am a raid leader in a guild and having trouble of people either just plain not showing up for raids or signing up and not showing. I am trying to figure out how I can get people to show up. There are people that want to raid and are getting mad because sometimes the raid doesnt work out can't find pugs or whatever. Some members are against using a dkp system. So I was wondering if there was any ideas out there to get people to show up or something like dkp but better or whatever suggestions you may have. Thanks in advance.

Keona
02-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Well, before we switched to EPGP we used a "/roll loot score" system meaning if you go a piece of loot for main spec +1 added to loot score and then lowest loot score, highest roll had priority. Yeah, we were a pugging casual guild.

Anywho, right now we use /roll because we still have to pug. What I do when people want to show late or refuse to come on say Sunday our ICC day, I give them least loot priority. I treat them like a new recruit ... less than even the pugs coming on. So say, we go to ICC 10 on Sunday, and have to pug 5 spots because 3 people didn't show. They show on Wednesday for ToC 10 and the weekly, only 1 has a real excuse (he has already told us he cannot raid on weekends). Well, say one is a caster and we have to pug 2 spots as usual (recruitment is slow ugh) and another caster same class comes. Cloth boots drop. /roll for boots. My guildie rolls a huge 100! The pug rolls 7. The pug gets the boots. "WHY?" "Sorry, you chose not to show for ICC 10 on Sunday when we could have used you. You have least priority for loot this raid now." But it only lasts for one raid so ToGC10 on Friday highest roll main spec gets it.

Motorboatin
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
If it is possible it sounds like you need to recruit more players that are available for the times and days that you raid. I personally quit using a sign up system because players just abuse it, lets take the new tentative option in the calendar, so I post our weekly raids no later than a week out if not sooner, and people would all hit tenative, well that is the same as not confirming or declining, I still have no clue what you are going to do. So I started to recruit people that would make it and low and behold attendance started to go up, people did not want to loose raiding spots due to a low attendance.

In the end you can't force people to play or go to your raids, but you can recruit people who do want to raid and do want to play.