PDA

View Full Version : Normal 10 Progression list

Fenier
02-04-2010, 08:17 AM
I was wondering what order people would suggest to tackle the bosses in the upper floors going from easiest after Saurfang to Hardest?

Shortypop
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Hmmm, depends a lot on your raid's strengths/weaknesses.

Fester - DPS check (and CD usage check on tanks, he hits hard!)
Rotface - technically challenging, depending on your kiting skills and how fast people are to react. Not too hard hitting on tank
Putricide - definitely a challenge both in terms of DPS (25man, we outgear 10man so I can't comment on how tight the enrage is) and in terms of getting people to react to lots of things. Normal problem of learning the final phase (although not that different) while trying to get through first ones with everyone alive in order to give yourself a decent chance.

Princes - Need one (usually ranged) tank who knows what they are doing (and may take some practice), some other assignments but in general more forgiving to the odd error. Tank damage not too bad.
Blood-Queen - Nice in the way that it's the same from beginning to end (unlike Putricide who gains abilities), can't comment on the tightness of enrage timer.

Dreamwalker - Higher your DPS the better, but not sure how much of a problem low DPS is. Only real challenge is to get DPS focused on the right adds first, can't comment on the "healing" portals.
Sindrag - Tough co-ordination check.

I'd probably suggest Rot&Fester, Princes, Blood-queen, Dreamwalker, Putri, Sindra

Spirithooff
02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I would probably suggest the samething as Shortypop but I would just add :

Princes is a much easier fight if you use 1 tank for both melee boss, and 1 tank for Keleseth.
About the Blood-Queen, if you can't pass the enrage timer of Fester, you wont pass hers.

Spirithooff/Alexstrasza/US

marklar
02-04-2010, 12:27 PM
festergut is certainly the "easiest" fight - either you have the dps to do it or you don't, but the mechanics aren't difficult.

rotface and princes are about even, imo. rotface does get a little more chaotic as it goes on, so i guess princes would be a better choice for lower dps raids. on 10-man, using a traditional tank for keleseth is much easier than a ranged tank.

don't have dreamwalker down yet, so i can't rank it - only got a few pulls in so far.

Ubast
02-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Doing 10 mans with 3 differents toons with all with different skill levels I would sugest pretty much the same thing as Shortypop

things of note

Rotface is realy a matter of your offtank kiting skill/and other players positioning with there small slimes
Prince is easier with 3 tanks one of them being a range DPSer
I agreed with the DPS requiment for feaster being the same as blood queen

dEEjHaY
02-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Prince is easier with 3 tanks one of them being a range DPSer

You think Prince is easier on 10 Man doing it with 3 tanks? No way.. It's a lot easier doing it as stated above, 1 regular tank on Keleseth, and 1 regular tank on both melee bosses.

Dreamwerks
02-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Fester -> Rotface -> Professor -> Blood Princes -> Blood Queen -> Dreamwalker -> Sindragosa -> From what I heard, the LK is almost impossible to do with ONLY 10 man gear, severally over-tuned for 10 man guilds, but then again, I don't think he enrages, blood legions kill took 15 minutes I believe on 10 man. Good Luck!

Proletaria
02-06-2010, 11:10 PM
LK is fairly impossible with 10man gear at the moment. We saw some pretty close calls (tank damage wise) with ilvl 264 geared tanks.. Granted we only used half our attempts tonight, and spent most of it perfecting positioning and the silly plage but, beyond that careful execution are some fairly (overly) stringent tank/healing/dps requirements.

Difficulty after first wing imo: Rotface = Festergut = Princes --> Valithria ----> Putricide -> Blood Queen --> Sindragosa -------------------------------------------------------------> Lich King.