PDA

View Full Version : Saurfang today

turner850
02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
We attempted saurfang on 10man again today and thought we had all of our problems sorted out.

Our 2 hunters are amazing at those adds, and got it down.
We all were spread out
I was disc to bubble everyone

I just don't know whats wrong.

My logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jqmmijzqz4o8enx9/

He got his FIRST mark at 80%
Second at like 60%?
Third at 40..

And wipe..

My SECOND guild 10-man got the first mark at 30%

What is wrong? Is my instance bugged heroic like I heard on the forums?

saedo
02-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Probably. Many reports of many guilds just getting a lot more BP than normal.

marklar
02-03-2010, 01:14 AM
we went from getting zero marks to getting 2 marks, so it's definitely stacking much faster. imo, he's tuned more to where he should be for the end boss of the wing. we still got him down the first pull.

i doubt it was heroic, since i didn't notice any new abilities in the fight.

Dragaan
02-03-2010, 05:17 AM
He's either bugged or buffed since the patch. On our kill last night, he was up to 100 bp after like less than 1minute. He was just acting strangely and general chat was filled with people having other issues.

Grae
02-03-2010, 06:35 AM
on 25, we had one pull where he was almost full very quickly, and on the second he hadn't gotten any blood power until he hit 70% or so.

Seems he gains a lot more when he gains it, but that possibly it's more possible to avoid.

I'll have a better sense tonight after seeing it on 10-man... the past few weeks we haven't seen a mark at all.

Gunter
02-03-2010, 06:41 AM
We have been one-shotting Sarufang for weeks now and struggled on him yesterday. We typically wouldn't get any marks with our disc priest healing and only 1 without him. Last night we got 2 marks even with the disc priest. We were able to get him down after a couple attempts but it was much more strenuous than usual.

Njordus
02-03-2010, 06:49 AM
On 25 for us it seemed that he nova'd the melee, causing huge stack counts. We killed him with 6 marks up.

On 10 we got our first mark at ~20%, where we usually get zero marks. So yes, something fishy is going on with him, and most likely culprit is the blood nova.

Also, priest bubbles no longer prevent BP's, but that was hotfixed a few weeks ago. Just an fyi.

Kinch
02-03-2010, 07:36 AM
The tanks need to clean up the switches. Both should be glyphing Taunt. Things look fine on attempts 3 and 5. Saurfang healed a ton on the other three thanks to mistimed taunts, missed taunts and overtaunts resulting in immunity. Tanks should focus each other and have unit frames show debuffs.

felhoof
02-03-2010, 09:37 AM
There's an official post that they're looking at it. Apparently for some people Saurfang is being prematurely set to his heroic mode. He's gaining significantly more BP than he was before, and this was due entirely to that change (not blood nova, not taunts, nothing like that).

Expect it to be fixed soon.

Felycitas
02-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Also, priest bubbles no longer prevent BP's, but that was hotfixed a few weeks ago. Just an fyi.Can you provide a link to where this is stated?

turner850
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Thank you guys for all the information! A great help!

Muffin Man
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
He's either bugged or buffed since the patch. On our kill last night, he was up to 100 bp after like less than 1minute. He was just acting strangely and general chat was filled with people having other issues.

His bloodbeasts were spawning every 45 seconds on 10 man instead of every minute. That's the only difference I could quantify.

Also as a tank I was hit with Boiling Blood 3 times on our first attempt although my RL assures me this was always possible before, and I was just lucky. We actually wiped cuz of it. I got boiled during the frenzy and it just overwhelmed the healers who were also dealing with 2 marks (I really should have just cooldowned it... since it ended up being a 1% wipe).

I can't find the bluepost now, but I'm nearly positive that I saw the same change to absorbs that Njordus did.

There's an official post that they're looking at it. Apparently for some people Saurfang is being prematurely set to his heroic mode. He's gaining significantly more BP than he was before, and this was due entirely to that change (not blood nova, not taunts, nothing like that).

Expect it to be fixed soon.

If that's the case then his heroic mode isn't going to be too hard compared to normal... (although I suppose his dmg/health would be buffed, and this problem is just his abilities were buffed?).

Fledern
02-03-2010, 03:11 PM
On 25man, we got our first mark at 75%. He was gaining 6 BP on every swing till then. Much faster than usual but managable. Our second mark at 70%. The moment he starts popping out marks, his bloodpower shoots up to 50ish and puts the pedal to the metal. There's something definitely weird. Due to some AMAZING healing, we wiped at 17% with FOURTEEN marks.

Off to dig into the logs to see what's happening

Fledern
02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Ok, apparently the combatlog doesnt record his Blood Power gains. I had to make some educated guesses to see how it was happening. This is my guesstimate:

Blood Boil, Blood Nova and Rune of Blood all give DBS 2 Blood Power each tick.

Blood Boil is cast on 3 people and ticks every 3 seconds. This means you have DBS gaining 6 BP every 3 secs. This means, even if you do everything perfect, you'll be getting a mark every 50 secs.

Blood Nova seems to be on a weird timer, never less than 20 secs apart, never more than 30 secs apart.

This means, if you have, say, 85K rdps concentrated on Saurfang (remember, people are also dpsing the adds), and your tanks switch perfectly so no heals from Rune of Blood, nobody dies, etc, you can expect at least 8 Marks to go off (talking 25man here).

This mechanic turns Saurfang into a serious dps/healing check encounter.

Alectryon
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM
My guild did Saurfang last nighton 10-man and we actually had our easiest time ever.
1st mark went out at 29% and he never got out a second.
I'm not sure what the "problem" is; we expect at least one mark and probably two as a matter of course.

Glimmerglam
02-04-2010, 12:13 PM
From what I understand, Blizz put a patch in to fix a mechanic however it had unintendedly altered BP. We heard about it Tuesday before 25man raid but went anyways to give "hardmode" a try. I guess that Blizz wasn't keen on folks sacrificing the first Mark. The fight was still very easy and doable *and as a healer more exciting*. BRING IT ON BLIZZ!

When amped we had a total of 5 marks with a 6th about to activate and no deaths. I don't recall how long the fight lasted but it went fast in *panic mode/burn it, burn it, burn it*. Normally we have 1-2 Marks.

Since then, Blizzard has fixed the unintentionally amped encounter.