PDA

View Full Version : Need Help, Stuck on Rotface 10man, logs included

Saakaarrag
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
My guild is currently progressing through icc10, we have downed the lower spire, and we have also downed festergut. But now we are stuck on Rotface. We have tried a many of times and can not get him down. here is the raid comp.

Tanks: Two prot Paladins
Heals:Disc priest, Holy Paladin, and Resto Shaman
Dps:Ret pally, Mark Hunter, Ele Shaman, Combat Rogue, and Blood Dk

logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o8apzt7fr654652v/

We currently have the pally who is kiting cleanse the debuff. But we follow everything that we have heard about this fight, but we still can't get this stupid guy down. We are tired of being made into toys.

Bashal
02-02-2010, 01:28 PM
My guild has yet to down Rotface as well.

We have a paladin kiting the ooze, and originally he was also in charge of cleansing.

Last night, we changed it up a bit: have a healer cleanse, and cleanse it after 1-2 seconds. This means the infected person needs to have started moving almost right away, but also has some advantages: we were losing people who had the infection from supplementary damage (goo on floor or whatever), and with the %reduction to healing received while infected and the damage over time they take from the infection itself, it was hard to keep them alive, particularly after the infections start getting handed out more rapidly. Removing the debuff early made them much easier to keep up, and we got a lot closer to getting the boss down than on previous attempts.

A lot of these variations in tactics though should come with an implied "YMMV" disclaimer... this seems to work well for our guild, but may not work well at all for others.

seidl
02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
My guild has yet to down Rotface as well.

We have a paladin kiting the ooze, and originally he was also in charge of cleansing.

When we use 2 pally tanks, we actually have the tank on rotface do the cleansing. The kiting tank is really busy with not getting one shot, and the tank on rotface can generally see the effected person run out and immediately cleanse them. With a rogue throwing tricks, the missed gcd shouldn't be a threat issue after the first couple of slimes.

fr0d0b0ls0n
02-03-2010, 12:36 AM
I think your dps is too low for this boss. This boss get more chaotic as the time progresses. Maybe people moves too much or loses too many time doing something, but with a log is hard to tell.

And don't Bloodlust at last, the oozes starts every 14 seconds, but at the end they spawn every 6 seconds. Use BL at the start of the fight.

Belicia
02-03-2010, 08:05 AM
I think your dps is too low for this boss. This boss get more chaotic as the time progresses. Maybe people moves too much or loses too many time doing something, but with a log is hard to tell.

And don't Bloodlust at last, the oozes starts every 14 seconds, but at the end they spawn every 6 seconds. Use BL at the start of the fight.

I agree. Your DPS is quite low for the boss, and you're running with 3 healers on a fight that can easily be 2 healed (we have 2 healed everything in ICC10 so far). Looking at kills from my guild's 10man runs, we are averaging around 30k rDPS on this fight, while you're only at about 20k rDPS. This is a fairly big difference, and you could somewhat make up for it by switching to 2 healers. I'd also recommend running through ToGC 10 some to get the 9.5 tokens, so you can get rid of all the i232 gear that your raiders seem to be wearing. The fights ahead, Putricide and BQ especially, require fairly heavy rDPS, and you'll benefit a lot from the i245 gear in ToGC 10.

That said, Rotface may be doable for you. If one of your healers can switch to a ranged DPS spec, that would be preferable.

dEEjHaY
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
As stated above, we run 2 healers (Myself a Holy Paladin, and a Holy Priest) Bear tanks him, prot pally kites.. We pop BL 10 seconds in to get max uptime on the boss - It's pretty much a DPS race imo because of the hidden soft enrange (Eventually to many oozes are spawning and things just get chaotic)

Try it with 2 healers, we ran with 3 healers to get use to the fight (1 or 2 attemtps) then swapped to 2 healers and killed him on that attempt. Don't be afraid to play around with things, especially on bosses that do not have limited attempts, you will only learn what works and what does not by trying!

Best of luck