PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU Walk?

Carnaige
02-02-2010, 08:03 AM
as the title says: How do YOU walk?
i mean that as in how do you move your character in WoW

i myself use WASD/QE, but, some people will say that is real noobish
but the whole reason im askin this Question... is ive seen screenshots where peoepl have those said button hot-keyed
http://evilempireguild.org/misc/SatUI.jpg just an example image
now as looking at that image more i see hotkeys like AA, AS, AW, AD, SS and things like that
how do you do hotkeys like that?

Swam
02-02-2010, 08:40 AM
I use a speed pad where W&S are forward and back A&D are left and right strafe. I use the mouse for the rest. As for those keybinds, a lot of people use shift+a shift + d etc. this allows for a few easy keybinds without moving your fingers. also throw in alt+a
ctl + a
so useing 3 buttons you can have 12 keybinds on your wasd.

Skaggi
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Looks to me like Bartender is involved. Bartender has it's own hotkeying UI and a hotkey like AA would Alt + A and SS being either Ctrl + S (S = Steuerung = Control = C while Steuerung beeing German - Satrina from Germany?! Or is me overreacting and S = Shift?!?) or soulstone ;-)

Moving with the WASD keys is quite fine if you can conveniently sort out all other hotkey needing stuff around that (been there and stayed there myself). Play how you can handle it best is the maxime. Q and E are something that I have lately bound to more abilities because the mouse is for turning and then A and D become strafing.

Carnaige
02-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I think i actually might switch to a and d being strafing and just use the mouse to turn

sounds like a good idea and opens more hotkeys
i still function fine with wasd walking and mouse clicking(only hotkeys i use are 1 through =)
and i tank and dps... but i figure why nto make things a lil easier

Destruyen
02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
i use wasd, a and d being strafe and then i turn with my mouse. i use q and e for my procs like overpower and execute so i can hit them easily if im moving.

Satrina
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
It's Dominos - AA = Alt+A, SA = Shift+A. I move in WoW exclusively with the mouse. You can search this site and find the threads discussing how that works in WoW for strafing and backing up and all that. It's pretty much the only game I have ever not moved using WASD, but given that convenient keybinds are super important, and movement in this game is hardly FPS twitch level, it works really well.