PDA

View Full Version : worst quest in WoW

justle
01-30-2010, 11:18 PM
The radio show I am a part of is doing a promotion where we ask WoW players to rant about what they think is the WORST quest in the game. Top rants are read and discussed on air this week! To participate visit:

http://bestdamnnerdshow.com/?p=1112

Thanks!

tuffmuffin
01-31-2010, 02:15 AM
The horde side quest to get Raptor hearts from those ones in the south area by the bridge used to be PAINFUL until they buffed the drop rate. I remember going from 36 to 38 on my Druid simply farming those for for the hearts back in Vanilla.

Zo
02-01-2010, 07:04 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=977

Are we there, Yeti ?

All the old school wow players will know what I'm talking about.

Bloodwraith
02-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Any quest that requires you to kill a water elemental as a Frost Mage ;P

Bashal
02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Any quest that requires you to kill mobs 3-4 levels higher than you, even though the quest is flagged as level-appropriate for you. There's a few of those in vanilla WoW. :P

Eravian
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
How about pretty much any class quest? The level 30 warrior one, for example, that involves killing a level 35+ Elite after gathering a bunch of random drops from level 34-37 mobs?

Or the paladin or warlock quests, that involve gathering a bunch of really expensive mats (Arcanite Bars, anyone?) and then running Scholomance or Dire Maul to do something random involving a boss there?

Yuck...

Mhoram
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Any quest involving water, sunken ships, and mobs ("Deep Ocean, Vast Sea", I'm looking at you). The quests were often ranked too low for the level of mobs, and so you had a huge aggro radius. Also, while you can't swim or target through walls, the mobs can, and will, and all you can do is swim away. On top of that, you have a limited supply of air, which means it's easy to get stuck in the bottom of a ship, just finish off a mob, and then die from lack of air.

tuffmuffin
02-02-2010, 07:16 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=977

Are we there, Yeti ?

All the old school wow players will know what I'm talking about.
Yeah this quest sucked something fierce too, though I found it to be hit or miss. Took about a full clear of that cave to get both of them on my Druid. A few months later when I did the Warrior though... I would be the happiest person in the world if I never saw another yeti >.<

Bung
02-02-2010, 12:32 PM
grind quests with low drop rates are a pain

Sukide
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Or the paladin or warlock quests, that involve gathering a bunch of really expensive mats (Arcanite Bars, anyone?) and then running Scholomance or Dire Maul to do something random involving a boss there?

Yuck...

Those are remnants from vanilla. Locks and Pally's used to have to do those to get their special mounts. Not random, just obsolete.

Destruyen
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
The horde side quest to get Raptor hearts from those ones in the south area by the bridge used to be PAINFUL until they buffed the drop rate. I remember going from 36 to 38 on my Druid simply farming those for for the hearts back in Vanilla.

this one was probably the worst quest until they buffed the drop rate. now i think the green hills of stranglethorn is since the pages are completely random and you basically have to buy them off the auction house to complete it unless you want to spend 3-4 levels grinding mobs for every page.

Acristicy
02-05-2010, 06:37 AM

This... So annoying.. remove immune mobs >_<

Luxx
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM

LOL Could not agree more!!